AHC suspension question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I'm an IH8MUD rookie that's looking to buy a Lexus LX570. I've done a lot of research and haven't found much in the way of negative reviews about the LX570 -- seems to be a capable and reliable rig. But my one question is about the adaptive suspension, is it generally trouble free? I know that you have to change out the fluid every 60,000 miles, but other than that is there any other maintenance I should be concerned with? I know conventional air suspensions need to be replaced about every 10 years, but it seems like the hydraulic system in the LX570 should be good for the life of the vehicle. Am I missing something? Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

Hey all, I'm an IH8MUD rookie that's looking to buy a Lexus LX570. I've done a lot of research and haven't found much in the way of negative reviews about the LX570 -- seems to be a capable and reliable rig. But my one question is about the adaptive suspension, is it generally trouble free? I know that you have to change out the fluid every 60,000 miles, but other than that is there any other maintenance I should be concerned with? I know conventional air suspensions need to be replaced about every 10 years, but it seems like the hydraulic system in the LX570 should be good for the life of the vehicle. Am I missing something? Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

My 1.5 cents...

If you anticipate wanting to upgrade suspension...buy an LC instead. Removing the AHC on the LX is a puzzling thing even to our most experienced shops...and I personally see AHC as the only true distinguishing difference. A few other tweaks...but AHC is a major difference and barrier to upgrading suspension.

You might want to talk to Christo Slee, as their shop truck is currently the 570...in order to figure out the best approach to AHC (and the fact that there are more LXs on the market than LC (at least this is the impression I got from Slee...).

m

My 1.5 cents...

If you anticipate wanting to upgrade suspension...buy an LC instead. Removing the AHC on the LX is a puzzling thing even to our most experienced shops...and I personally see AHC as the only true distinguishing difference. A few other tweaks...but AHC is a major difference and barrier to upgrading suspension.

You might want to talk to Christo Slee, as their shop truck is currently the 570...in order to figure out the best approach to AHC (and the fact that there are more LXs on the market than LC (at least this is the impression I got from Slee...).

m

No plans to do anything to the suspension. I just want something stock and reliable. I should have probably mentioned that I'm talking used, looking in the 2008-2011 model years.

Your note on LX vs LC availability is what led me to the 570. There is just way more selection if you opt for the LX (sales figures are tipped in the LX's favor by quite a large margin). And I like the looks and features of the LX a little more anyway.

I have 200k kms on my LX and the AHC has been flawless - only maintenance has been regular fluid change.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Also, I noticed that you're in Ontario. I've found a couple of LX570s in the States from Canada and they were both loaded. Do you know if most of the Canadian market cars came with all the options? Do you have the adaptive cruise control option? If so, how well does it work?

Thanks!

In the last few years, LXs in Canada are only available fully loaded (I think its called the Ultra-Premium Package or something like that). Earlier year models came in 2 trims I believe. Mine does have adaptive cruise control, it took me a while to get used to it - but now when I use cruise control its 95% in the adaptive mode.

My 08 LX has 135k with no issues whatsoever. I did a lot of research on the AHC beforehand and wasn't able to find anyone having issues aside from rare one-off situations.

My 08 LX has 135k with no issues whatsoever. I did a lot of research on the AHC beforehand and wasn't able to find anyone having issues aside from rare one-off situations.

Awesome, good to hear. Is there anything specific I need to look out for? These things almost seem too bullet proof to be true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom