AHC Help with Diagnosis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2006 LX470. AHC seems to work, it will go into H and back into N but won't stay. It even reverts during the same trip. If I stop for 5 minutes it's back in N.

I know, there are a ton of threads on AHC but I don't have time to sift through them all to find answers.

This is my first 100 and first time having "issues" I just never used it before but know want to know what's happening. Am I missing something simple I hope?

Truck has been impeccably maintained, up to date on everything. 126K miles. You would assume all to be fine...

Last edited:
Are you aware that by default, the AHC will return to "N" when the vehicle reaches a certain speed, and is that what you are experiencing?

2006 LX470. AHC seems to work, it will go into H and back into N but won't stay. It even reverts during the same trip. If I stop for 5 minutes it's back in N.

I know, there are a ton of threads on AHC but I don't have time to sift through them all to find answers.

This is my first 100 and first time have "issues" I just never used it before but know want to know what's happening. Am I missing something simple I hope?

Truck has been impeccably maintained, up to date on everything. 126K miles. You would assume all to be fine...

Your assumption is correct everything is fine.

Are you aware that by default, the AHC will return to "N" when the vehicle reaches a certain speed, and is that what you are experiencing?

I was not aware of that...I thought it would stay in H. Yes it goes to back to N during short 5 minute trips. It also is back in N after a 2 minute stop to grab something... thanks. Pardon my ignorance.

Your assumption is correct everything is fine.
Thanks. Just for clarification, how long should it stay in H? Seems to stay there after shutting off truck but back in N after start. NO way to override and remaining in H? Thanks for the insight.

Thanks. Just for clarification, how long should it stay in H? Seems to stay there after shutting off truck but back in N after start. NO way to override and remaining in H? Thanks for the insight.

The car defaults to N after something like 25mph. If you are under that it will stay in H or L depending on what you have selected. There is a product that a vendor sells which locks the car in the mode you want. I think it was Slee I dont remember.

Edit: If your foot stays on the brake for longer than something like 30 seconds the system pauses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom