Aftermarket Stereo / CB install...couple pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jklubens said:
Noah,
Yeah, it'll work in a '91. You'll need to use a 90º elbow antenna adaptor thou.quote]

I did this on my 91 also, But I modded my Cb by replacing the antenna connector with a BNC cable and a BNC to UHF adapter. The BCN connector is a lot easier to snake through and around the glove box. It connects to the antenna cable inside the passenger kick panel. This lets you put the CB flush with the trim.

VAD1 - VAD1 - UHF Female (PL259) to BNC Adapter $3.95 UHF Female (PL259) to BNC Adapter

jklubens said:
You'll need to use a 90º elbow antenna adaptor though

i got 2 spare 90 deg elbows, let me know if ya need one

nicely done! Wish a cobra 29 would instal like that in a fj-62

How's your recpetion on the CB? What antenna setup? I bought a mini Cobra and am pretty pleased but wonder how that works for you? Do you pick up alot? Did you have anyother CB before? How much for the CB?

I used the same unit. My CD player crapped out so I through the CB in there. It turned out great. BTW, take the unit to a local CB shop and let them tune it for $20. Mine went from 4 watts to 15watts. Works great.
1066696491_jsb_3.jpg

Boston Mangler said:
yes, yours is nice too!

:flipoff2:

that cb does fit perfectly in there! what a cool mod!

That's better...;)

BTW, I put the CB right angle elbow in when I was doing the iPod mod, and it fit like a glove.

Thanks for the advise.

That friggin iPod mod really is a nice upgrade too.

cabron said:
How's your recpetion on the CB? What antenna setup? I bought a mini Cobra and am pretty pleased but wonder how that works for you? Do you pick up alot? Did you have anyother CB before? How much for the CB?

I used the Firestick and some attachments from a local truck stop. These truck stops have all the attachments you'll need to mount the antenna anywhere you want.
I've got mine at the bumper corner for right now until I got an ARB or custom front bumper.
DSCF0927.jpg
DSCF0930.jpg

Yep the possibilities are endless. I went with this mount, it works in several locations. I also went with a fire stick. Be sure to get a SWR meter to adjust your antenna. It makes a world of difference.
1066696432_4runner_cb_3.jpg

import silvia said:
JSB, uh you need to set your kid straight.

I agree, Kid might grow up "confused" and no dad wants that.

Rezarf <><

import silvia said:
JSB, uh you need to set your kid straight.

LOL!
I knew I was going to get some comments about that.

It was funny because we saw a kid driving down the side walk the other day with a battery powered LC. I about fell out of my chair, and told the wife we need that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom