adventures in Tuttle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone up for heading down to Tuttle for a day of offroading sometime this spring? Any weekends work best for people? I'm pretty flexible for dates. I plan on doing the same thing as last year, meet at the gas station around 7:30, offroad for the day then head back in the afternoon.

With my twins in Boy Scouts now my available weekends are more limited than ever. Here are the ones that -might- work for me. At least there isn't already something scheduled on them yet. My availability is often subject to other people's whims though.

April 27, 28
May 18,19, 25,26
June 1,2, 8,9

If the timing works out, I'd love to go. Do any of those dates line up for you?

25th or 26th of May is the only one that works for me as of now...but that's Memorial Day weekend...

The park will be busy that weekend, but I don't think that should stand in our way.

May 25 or 26 works for 2 of us - who else would be in?

That's probably the only weekend that doesn't work for me. I'll be out of town. Summer fills up too fast.

I cant make those dates. In Canada that weekend.

Plans have changed...April 27th is now a possibility for me...

June 8,9 could also work but would have a sad 8 yr old as he has camp that weekend...

I could do the 27th. It's only 2 weeks out. We should get the word out a bit. Who has phone numbers still from the last trip? I changed phones.

I'm out. In Canada both of those dates. Have fun!

Things we need to hammer out quickly:

Samuelsmith - can you make it on the 27th? You started the thread/idea - will this date work for you?

I'm assuming we'll meet up somewhere in Lincoln to stage/convoy from. Where will this be?

What time are we meeting at the staging area? What time are we leaving the staging area?

The 27th works for me, looks like its just the 3 of us so far? Meeting up at the same gas station as last time would be me preference. Does 8:00 work? We could basically do like last year, wheel til about 3-4 in the afternoon and then head back.

My thanks to Aaron for the email. I don't get on 'Mud but once every few months, so I was out of the loop on this (and the last Tuttle trip too, evidently).

I will be Turkey hunting in Niobrara that weekend, so I will be unable to make this trip.

I have subscribed to the thread that Grench started that should notify me of any upcoming meets.

The 80 lives safely in the garage, and save for a trip to Halsey in November 2011, has only been driven enough to keep the seals from drying up. Probably 200 miles or so. I did just order a new Optima 31D to replace the one that finally died after 7 years of service, and a Scangauge II to use as a temp. gauge so I can troubleshoot and repair a cooling system deficiency.

Consider it dormant, but not neglected.

Have fun guys, take more pics this time, and stay out of that mud hole!

Here are some pics of me at tuttle a from '08. In the 2nd pic you can see me in the backgroung going up a wall (the jeep didn't come close to making it). The 3rd pic is taken from the base of that wall after I made it up, for perspective (obstacles seem to shrink in photos).

CIMG1235.jpg

100_2661 [].jpg

10_8_08 tuttle 027.jpg

We'll miss you Shaun--PM me your phone and I will add it to my list.

Great pics BTW...

AC

Will not make this time, but maybe this summer. Still have a fuel electrics issue and Lean/Rich code to deal with before going that far. I have subscribed to Grench's updates.

We could also wait until June or even July to go. It would give people more notice.

I'm fine with that if the wind blows that way. You and Corn Man will have to figure it out though - I'm going to be out of touch for a few days.

Doesn't matter to me. I just know the only weekend that would work for me April-May was Memorial Day which is prob not ideal b/c most people have plans...we can look June July if no one else can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom