Advance Adapters Trail Tamer Gear Sets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Hello All,

I saw that advance adapters was making heavy duty replacement housing and gear sets from 4.0:1 to 5.0:1 with options for 21 spline thru 23 spline in this months performance products mail order magazine.
I am not the brightest guy but will this work with the FJ Cruiser? If so what else will be needed to get the most out of this application?
If not what will it take to make it work?
I would love to add crawler gears. I saw these ones and the price was great 750 with heavy duty housing. Let me know what you guys know.
Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt.... I'm no expert, but from what I gather the Atlas 4spd. is probably your only swap that will work. It is a replacement for your existing t-case and would give you tons of options for the trail. Are you running manual or auto trans on your FJ?

Hey Matt.... I'm no expert, but from what I gather the Atlas 4spd. is probably your only swap that will work. It is a replacement for your existing t-case and would give you tons of options for the trail. Are you running manual or auto trans on your FJ?

I am running manual.

I haven't heard of anyone throwing an Atlas into an FJ Cruiser. You'd be voiding a ton of warranties...

I haven't heard of anyone throwing an Atlas into an FJ Cruiser. You'd be voiding a ton of warranties...

I saw that inchworm made one. Now atlas. Voiding warranties comes a close second to trail performance. It is a concern for many but for me fun always wins. If my life was a warranty it would of been voided along time ago.
Thanks for your comments
Matt

The AA gears are meant to be installed in a gear driven tcase. The FJC uses a chain driven planetary gear tcase and the AA gears won't work. NO ONE has developed after market gears for the chain driven Toyota tcases. Your best bet is to pickup the phone and call Inchworm and order up a Lefty tcase along with a crawler box. You can have it configured with whatever gear set you like from the stock 2.28:1 through 5.0:1. Jim installed Lefty in my FJC last December. He just finished installing the same setup in a manual transmission FJC. There are some differences between the AT and MT installs, but nothing major. Once you have experienced a crawler you'll wonder how you lived w/o one. Call Inchworm 530-677-8111 for more information.

I believe that all pro also does the Atlas 4-spd. I like the idea of have 4 low-range options. No fuel tank mods are required, but they will need to modify the drivelines. I thought that Ultimate FJ (the green thing) had an ATLAS 4spd??

I believe that all pro also does the Atlas 4-spd. I like the idea of have 4 low-range options. No fuel tank mods are required, but they will need to modify the drivelines. I thought that Ultimate FJ (the green thing) had an ATLAS 4spd??

Don't forget the crossmember mods and floor board mods that are required for the Atlas. The UAFJ did have an Atlas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom