Advance Adapters part time conversion mass buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So Beno, you're saying It's not this easy? Do you think it can truly be done with the tcase still in the truck? I already have the short birfs so no machining required there.

I'm not saying that it is hard Mark, but it does require some specific style snap ring pliers, a clean environment where you can remove the rear extension housing, the center case, and shims, etc.

Being very careful about the numerous snap rings you will be removing since the snap rings in fact keep the gears in tolerance. If you bugger any of those up you will have to sort of "reset" up the gearing. Also, if you bugger the large taper bearing you will need a new one which means pressing in the bearing as well as the race on the rear case housing. All of those need a 10ton press at the least as well as a jig and press tool.

Like I said, this isn't difficult per se, but it can be costly if anything goes wrong.

Good luck!

What does that mean exactly?

Because in full time mode, you had power being transmitted through both front and rear driveshafts making power distribution a bit more even keeled.

In part time, you have power going to the rear driveshaft exclusively thus making the shift of power through the tranny/xfer case transmit differently through the frame/motor/xfer case mounts.

I think that is what Alia was alluding to....all part time trucks that I've ridden or driven in have this feeling.

I was drove a park time 80's (OEM), and the shift lever move, exactly the same than full time 80's (stock), is because that I comment that maybe need to made a special modification tcase on the base, in order to obtain the appropriate support, the (OEM) part time are designed to the power going to the rear driveshaft exclusively.

"So Beno, you're saying It's not this easy? Do you think it can truly be done with the tcase still in the truck? I already have the short birfs so no machining required there."

It's so easy a Caveman could do it!
I may or may not have stolen that line........

Anyway, the instructions I have come across have been fairly detailed. I have seen a couple different ones and this
Slee - 2Wheel Drive Conversion (Toyota 80 Series Land Cruiser)

I think most people on this site could handle something like this and if there were any problems..... We have plenty of options and people to help out. Gotta love this website!:)

hi guys i live in australia and have the the 4wd systems part time kit fitted it took about 1.5 hrs to fit including the free hub if you dont use the free hub you can expect a vibration at about 10 to 12 months of use because the brass bush in the hub spindel for some reason dosn't like not haveing drive preasure on it i9t wears quicker as i had the vibration and couldn't solve it till i rebuilt the front diff and found the worn bushes on both sides i now have free hubs and turn them to 2x4 when on the black top but apart from that it has given me about 3kms more per liter of fuel witch is great as i use the 80 for a lot of long trips about 2000 -3ooo kms per trip

Its the same kit. Marks has the tech support

We need a few more confirmed orders, Come on people! :D

Last edited:
Glad to do it mate!
Come on people, You all know you want a part time case!!:D

Don't be scared!:crybaby:

Yes, you lose ABS and I think it says you have to be in Low Range to engage 4 Wheel Drive. Is that correct? Woudl a 7 Pin Center Diff Mod allow you to stay in High Range? I am curious, not interested in this mod however.

I like the idea of this but you lose abs functionality on the 80 series if I read it right. The only way to keep abs working is to leave the hubs locked which defeats the purpose of this mod all together for me.

Chris

Yes, you lose ABS and I think it says you have to be in Low Range to engage 4 Wheel Drive. Is that correct? Woudl a 7 Pin Center Diff Mod allow you to stay in High Range? I am curious, not interested in this mod however.

The way I understand it is, you lock the hubs and hit the cdl switch and you're in 4hi, switch lever to low and you're in 4lo.
With 7pin mod; unlocked hubs and cdl off, lever in low, and you're in 2wd low

UPDATE

Ok guys , we have 6 confirmed orders. It's not to late for others to get in on this. PM me for contact info

The last day to get in on this is Tomorrow at 4pm PT . :eek:

PM me for our contacts info!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom