Adjust those heater valves!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

adventr

SILVER Star
Threads
With a record breaking heat wave in place, it's a great time to maximize your A/C performance.
Thought mine worked pretty well, until we started seeing triple digit temps!

Went out and found that my heater valve wasn't fully closing, and made the adjustments to the cable the other day. Here are some results:

Outside temp.

ForumRunner_20120628_121645.jpg

Temp in front of grill.

ForumRunner_20120628_121801.jpg

Vent temp on blower setting #2.

ForumRunner_20120628_121908.jpg

Get out there and check those heater valves!

Sent from my C771 using IH8MUD
ForumRunner_20120628_121645.jpg
ForumRunner_20120628_121801.jpg
ForumRunner_20120628_121908.jpg

This is very cool. Pun intended. Thanks for bringing that thread back around.

Thanks for the reminder. Found mine partially open too. Already made a noticeable difference.

Went out, did mine, reapplied the clamp, ran it through the range from the inside, and when I came back it was back to the 1/8 to 1/4" gap like before.... Hmm. Too tight a spot for the 4 lb hammer. Tough angle for the crowbar/tire iron. No good application sites for the JB Weld. Only option remaining was to try again, and this time it worked. Surely wasn't operator error the first time?

especially on our 4th straight day of 100+

Amateurs!:hillbilly: The last 4 days have been over 110, the last time the high here was under 100, was May 28, nice weather!

Amateurs!:hillbilly: The last 4 days have been over 110, the last time the high here was under 100, was May 28, nice weather!

Yeah, but that is a dry heat right?:hmm:

Nice weather my azz! Nice weather for one of these:beer: :cheers:

Went out, did mine, reapplied the clamp, ran it through the range from the inside, and when I came back it was back to the 1/8 to 1/4" gap like before.... Hmm. Too tight a spot for the 4 lb hammer. Tough angle for the crowbar/tire iron. No good application sites for the JB Weld. Only option remaining was to try again, and this time it worked. Surely wasn't operator error the first time?

I did the same thing, you probably grabbed the cable the first time. Took me two tries to realize you need to move the cable sleeve and not the actual cable.

Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago about the 91 valves not being available anymore? Hmmm, I think this is something I may need to look into.

I did this as well
But what made the biggest difference in AC and engine temps was I sprayed down the condensor and radiator area with degreaser/cleaner and hosed it all down really good and then I replaced all of the foam around the rad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom