Adding an amp and subwoofer... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an extra amp and subwoofer laying around and want to install it, just wondering if anyone else has added one and where you tagged the signal for a line out converter.

Found the factory amp under the drivers seat and was able to tap into the wires for the line out converter at that location. Got the line converter from Wal-Mart and it came with a subwoofer control dial which is nice. Really happy with the extra bass.

IMG_3898.JPG

IMG_3899.JPG

IMG_3900.JPG

Last edited:
Found the factory amp under the drivers seat and was able to tap into the wires for the line out converter at that location. Got the line converter from Wal-Mart and it came with a subwoofer control dial which is nice. Really happy with the extra bass.

View attachment 1538727

View attachment 1538728

View attachment 1538729

Bringing this one back from the dead, but I have a few questions. I had an 04 GX and recently traded it for 2011 LX. I want to install my amp/sub, but wanted to get some clarity. Is the amp under the carpet under the driver’s seat? Did you unbolt the seat to get better access? And did you find the low output wire for the sub or just tap into any of them? If you did find the low output is it a certain color? Sorry for 20 questions. Thanks!

I unbolted the 4 bolts holding down the driver seat then leaned the front up so I could access underneath. Then I unplugged the wire harness from the amp that feeds the speakers. I tagged the two rear door speakers. To figure out which wires went to the rear doors I used a 9v battery with a couple leads, and like you would with a volt meter you touch the leads to the wires. You know the positive and negative polarity is correct when the speaker moves outward. If I recall all the speaker wires were the same color.

Hello there

please help

the amplifier is not under the driver seat , there are a bunch of Air Ducts for Rear AC

any ideas

my car is 200 Series GXR V8 2015

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom