ACSD - HZJ - leak when cold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellows!

A new member in the 80’s department. As you can tell from my name I’m from Sweden. For everyday use I drive a Hilux and have had a couple of them.

About a month ago I got my hands on a pretty, for Sweden at least, unusuall, poverty packed, German sold, HZJ80 -91 with 280,000 km. Don’t know to much about the history of the vehicle more than I can tell that it’s well maintained and runs like a train. There is Sahara stickers on the inside and everything is OEM. I’m all into the utilitarian look and my inspiration for this car is the UN-cars going around keeping the diplomats and soldiers comfortable in uncomfortable parts of the world. FJ Cruiser steelies is a the paint shop atm beeing painted in the grey nuance to look like the split rims and a real cyclone snorkel is soon to be mounted.

So, sorry about the exposition, my questions is, and I have really been trawling this forum, is the ACSD-module the same on my HZJ as in the HDJ? Or does this module do something else on my injector pump than it does on the HDJ? All the listings tells me this only fits for the HDJ but from the pictures I can see it really looks similar.

I have a small leak from this module when the car is cold in the mornings and then it stops as the car gets warm. Have not decided if I’m going to order a new one or do as many others here on the forum and just blank it.

My Cruiser. Exactly none of the possible accessories for the car are choosen. No AC, vinyl seats and just the center diff. But AWD. Not the part-time drivetrain.
0B7D7C53-5700-4180-9BCA-C346577F9797.jpeg

i have seen couple of the little arm on the pump side of the acsd broke and fell into the pump and destroy the pump,i would just remove the acsd and put a cover plate and new O ring,you can buy the cover plate at most injection pump shops or just make one yourself.

i just had my pump rebuilt. the guy said my ACSD was completely worn down so he deleted it. he says he deletes them all because they are a source of catastrophic pump failure. i’d lean that way. he’s a pretty reputable pump builder

So, sorry about the exposition, my questions is, and I have really been trawling this forum, is the ACSD-module the same on my HZJ as in the HDJ? Or does this module do something else on my injector pump than it does on the HDJ? All the listings tells me this only fits for the HDJ but from the pictures I can see it really looks similar
The ACSD is an anti pollution device. To my knowledge, only some European 1HZs got the ACSD. In Australia , this model is very common but none have the ACSD.
It has a different part number to the ACSD on the 1HD T, but it does the same job. It advances the pump timing when cold to reduce hydrocarbons.

The ACSD is an anti pollution device. To my knowledge, only some European 1HZs got the ACSD. In Australia , this model is very common but none have the ACSD.
It has a different part number to the ACSD on the 1HD T, but it does the same job. It advances the pump timing when cold to reduce hydrocarbons.

Thanks @roscoFJ73, that was informative. It seems like it’s located on another spot at the IP as well, but the bolt pattern is similar. I’m going to do the same procedeur as many others and delete it. To take the Cruiser out in the south swedish climate during the winter would be a sin due to our salty roads. Parts are ordered.

This is a pic of the device. You will have to join the 2 redundant coolant hoses also.

1660541869627.png

Im not sure if it will fit. I searched using the 1HZ part number, but there wasn't many good pics of the 1HZ device. And most owners are throwing them in the bin, no one I know has tried to fit one from another engine or even replaced a worn ACSD.

Im not sure if it will fit. I searched using the 1HZ part number, but there wasn't many good pics of the 1HZ device. And most owners are throwing them in the bin, no one I know has tried to fit one from another engine or even replaced a worn ACSD.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom