AC Unit Identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer of the AC units on the top self in the photo

FJ40 AC Units.jpeg

a bit off topic, but seems the best place to ask it,

do you have to use a separate blower for AC? i have a compressor and condenser lined up for my 45, but no chance of getting one of these aftermarket blowers. what are my options? i was planning on just using the stock blower

a bit off topic, but seems the best place to ask it,

do you have to use a separate blower for AC? i have a compressor and condenser lined up for my 45, but no chance of getting one of these aftermarket blowers. what are my options? i was planning on just using the stock blower

This has it's own separate blower. The linked CL ad has pictures that shows on the back side. Runs independent of the heater. Factoy A/C is the same way.

I have one of those AC units that I'm planning to install. I like the idea of keeping the factory heater unit in the center. I just can't figure out the blower/fan for the heater. It appears to me that the tube from the blower on the firewall to the factory heater unit has to come out to install the AC unit. Maybe the modified tube @Racer65 sells would work? I saw an aluminum attachment and a flexible hose solution the other day - can't remember who gets credit for that?

Anyway, every time I see one of these installed I ask for pics. I also think there is some type of brace or support missing at the rear of these units - they are fairly heavy in the back where the blower is. Mine only has a metal plate that attaches to the PS A pillar and one that attaches near the heater.

Would love to see pics of the installation if anyone has any. Blower tube, rear support, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom