AC/Fan controller issue, and no "heat" just warm air from vents on full setting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I have some problems with the AC/Fan controlls on my car that I thought someone could give ideas about.

The AC itself is not working, have had it checked for leakages and refilled with pressure test and no issues.

The AC button light won't come on if I press it. And no cool air is arriving in the cabin.

Then the Recirc/Fresh air button is dead. No light whatsoever actually on that side of the control panel.
This means that the backlights for the High, footwell, defog switch is dark, but works fine.

Is there a fuse for this panel that I have not found, could the issue with the AC/Recirc buttons not working be because of a blown fuse?

Is it wise to check the ac belt tension, and if so what should it be? I was thinking that since the ac isn't working maybe the clutch isnt engaging. Easiest fix here is to have someone look at the ac clutch I guess but since I don't have any life in the button I am thinking it won't even try to engage the ac?

At the same time I don't have any heat to speak about when I turn the fan up on warmest setting and full force.. I was thinking thermostat for this, but since a lot of other controls on the same "panel" isn't working maybe it's something simpler?

Thank you very much in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom