AC Condensor fan wont stop running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few days ago, I ran into an accident. Someone backed into my car. Since then the ac fan continously run (the smaller fan). After I stop the car , it runs until all the battery is discharge (unless I disconnect the battery). So far, I have found that it is possibly an a/c condensor fan relay problem. Does anyone know the location of this relay, it is towards the driver side close to head light,. The damage is only at that side. I tried to look for it but couldnt locate it. I dont know how it looks like and how to reach it. Can you help me locating and possibly sharing diagnostic steps of this relay. and whats its part number, please help. as i need this fixed in order to avoid taking buses

IMG-20170221-WA0004.jpg

A few days ago, I ran into an accident. Someone backed into my car. Since then the ac fan continously run (the smaller fan). After I stop the car , it runs until all the battery is discharge (unless I disconnect the battery). So far, I have found that it is possibly an a/c condensor fan relay problem. Does anyone know the location of this relay, it is towards the driver side close to head light,. The damage is only at that side. I tried to look for it but couldnt locate it. I dont know how it looks like and how to reach it. Can you help me locating and possibly sharing diagnostic steps of this relay. and whats its part number, please help. as i need this fixed in order to avoid taking buses

View attachment 1411241
4e55be2s-960.jpg
IMG-20170221-WA0004.jpg

Is that first picture your vehicle? The paint looks different in the first picture compared to the second picture - black vs green. Is this a non-US version (circular airbox)?

That's a radiator condensor fan, have you tried just disconnecting the fan? Believe Lexus only offered those in the early years of the 100 series. I'm not sure where the relay is, I have a 2004 LX and repair manual, neither reference that.

Might be worth getting 2 day access to techinfo.toyota.com for $15, there will be troubleshooting steps there.

Thanks for all of your replies. I didnt think about disconnecting the ac fan. which I did today. Now I am able to drive the vehicle without worrying about it to drain battery to empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom