Ac codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

auh

Threads
Did a search, but can't find a list of codes specific to the ac system.

My truck had 0 psi when I checked the low port last week. It was the first time I tried to use the ac since buying this is january. So I put in some cans of freon, 1 can of oil, and 1 of stop leak.

Worked when I tested the system, but today when I went to use it for the first time fully, it worked for 5 min, then started blowing hot air with the ac light blinking.

I put the system into diagnostics mode and 6 codes flashed on the screen. 17, 19, 23, 26, 37, and 47. Can anyone direct me to fixing?

nm

IMG_20170609_111128.jpg

IMG_20170609_111118.jpg

IMG_20170609_111032.jpg

Thanks! I have no idea what any of that's means for fixing though, haha

My truck had 0 psi when I checked the low port last week. It was the first time I tried to use the ac since buying this is january. So I put in some cans of freon, 1 can of oil, and 1 of stop leak.

OK, so basically you made the mistake of NOT finding out WHY the system had no refrigerant and did what most folks do (go get a couple cans of refrigerant and Pour in The Cool).

First thing to do is find out WHY you didn't have any refrigerant. IF it was because of a leak...FIND the leak(s). Then repair the leak(s). Then inspect the compressor for proper operation. Now that you've added oil...we have no idea how much oil is in the system. IF you truly had zero psi on the system then it was subject to atmospheric pressure and at a minimum your drier needs to be replaced and the system pumped down (put under vacuum) before adding any refrigerant.

My best advice, take it to a professional. You likely have too many issues for a novice to deal with.

Worked when I tested the system, but today when I went to use it for the first time fully, it worked for 5 min, then started blowing hot air with the ac light blinking.

Probably indeed over my head w this one, esp now cause I turned on the ac and the front is blowing hot air and the rear cool

Before you can trouble shoot a a/c system you have to know if it is full of refrigerant or not. If not then you need to find the leak. Repair the leak, fill the system, and then look for trouble codes.
Trouble codes do you zero good if the system won't work because there is no refrigerant in it.

I thought what the heck, I'll play dumb and throw in one more can of freon. Let the system run for a while too see if th front cools down like the rear. Well after 10 min my truck started making blow off valve type noises and the motor was just not running smooth at all, so I plug my hose in with a gauge to see where my low pressure psi was holding. It was now reading very OVER full so I opened the valve up and let out a ton of psi and after letting it open for about 5 min my ac started blowing ice cold in the front and rear. If I had to guess, I'd say the first gauge I used was probably faulty and I was maybe one can short of freon instead of 5. Working for now makes me happy.

There is a proper way to read those DIY gauges, I just learned this this year. On the dial in small numbers are temps, then above those are the system pressure numbers.
You turn the dial and put the pointer on the current outside temp, then fill the system to the prope pressure based on that.
There are youtube videos of this that explain it better than I am.
I am glad your system is working now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom