AA kit 50-1600 (TH400 to LC 4-speed case) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
What is your specific question? Yes it works, Yes you will break your t-case if you run too much HP. You need to give us more specs on what you want to do with this project.

What is your specific question? Yes it works, Yes you will break your t-case if you run too much HP. You need to give us more specs on what you want to do with this project.

Hi Matzell, thanks for your reply. When I bought my 68 FJ40 it came with the SBC400 mated to a TH350 and the LC 3-speed transfer case. The adapter looks like it must be a homemade job but it seems to work fine. Initially, the plan was to have another hardcore wheeler similar to my last one which had a SBC350/SM465/NP205 and narrowed Dana 60's front and back with 35" Boggers but plans have changed and this one will be more of a daily driver.

I would like to ditch the 4" Skyjacker springs it has now for some brand new OEM stock springs that I just bought, do a SOA and run 35" BFG Mud Terrain tires. Switch out the TH350/LC transfer case for the TH400/NP205 (I already have this in my shop) but then I am faced with the issue of the centered output from the 205 and the offset rear of the LC rear axle. If I do another Dana 60 rear then I might as well do the Dana 60 front as well. If I do all that, it's getting too close to being more set up for off-road and trailering again rather than driving daily around town. What to do, what to do :frown:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom