A442F TC insertion depth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

baldilocks

Battle Ground, WA
GOLD Star
Threads
IMG_4508.JPG
IMG_4509.JPG
The FSM (not the transmission manual) outlines this step prior to transmission installation but gives no value for the measurement. Does anyone know what this measurement should be? I don't want to be fighting with this tranny install.

Here are my findings:
(from the '94 xmsn repair manual, RM360U)
upload_2017-3-10_16-34-38.png

(from the '95 xmsn repair manual, RM479U)
upload_2017-3-10_16-35-28.png

I know these aren't the same transmissions, but the use the same case castings and I think the same torque converters. I think the '94 manual had an edit error.

It's been awhile since I had the engine and xmsn separated, but IIRC, I think the depth measurement is just to provide flywheel clearance. You should be able to verify the '95 manual's depth measurement from the bellhousing face to the rear flywheel face/bolts. As long as you're proud of that, I think you're good.

It's been awhile since I had the engine and xmsn separated, but IIRC, I think the depth measurement is just to provide flywheel clearance. You should be able to verify the '95 manual's depth measurement from the bellhousing face to the rear flywheel face/bolts. As long as you're proud of that, I think you're good.

I thought I would ask because many have been stumped when they were unable to mate the transmission completely up to engine and I figured that if my 94 FSM left this info out so did everyone else's. Thanks for helping out.

de Nada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom