A343F with 1HZ or 1HDT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rhodescreations.com
I'm wondering if I can mate an A343F with a 1HZ or 1HDT... any reason this wouldn't work? Different bell-housings or bolt patterns? My plan is to throw a diesel in my 95 80 when I can afford to do so... or the 1FZ quits...

I'm curious about this since having done 60 series diesel swaps I know there were shaft differences between the 2F and 3B that required differently configured H55Fs... though an H55F or equivalent for the 80 would be awful nice as well.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers.
:cheers:

I've seen A343 behind 1HD-FTE with share the same block with 1HD-T engine .. and following this thought could be posible .. but can't be sure .. and the other part of the history it's the control management of the tranny ..

Actually even with the 100 series sold down here with 1HD-T engine it came in front of A442F tranny ..

I've seen A343 behind 1HD-FTE with share the same block with 1HD-T engine .. and following this thought could be posible .. but can't be sure .. and the other part of the history it's the control management of the tranny ..

Actually even with the 100 series sold down here with 1HD-T engine it came in front of A442F tranny ..

David,
Are you sure about that?? I thought the A442F was used until the introduction of the A750F behind the diesels in 2002. AFAIK the A343F was never used behind a diesel.

David

David,
Are you sure about that?? I thought the A442F was used until the introduction of the A750F behind the diesels in 2002. AFAIK the A343F was never used behind a diesel.

David

I will take a pic of the firewall plate of 100 series down here with the 1HD-FTE .. that will take maybe a couple of weeks .. but I will ..

Holy Revive!!! So, does the A343F mate to the 1HDT..FT..FTE? I would think so being the 1FZE mates to the A442 & A343F. Please.. someone chime in with a definitive.

I think the consensus is yes. 14 years later... I never did it. Sold that 80 and as far as I know the 1fz is still running just fine for the new owner.

I think it’s doable, probably need a standalone transmission controller. I have never heard of an A343 and diesel combo. Would still like to see the firewall plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom