A Very Sad Monday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MitchVV

Does 3 make me a hoarder???
Threads
Was hit by a red light runner. :frown:

24784858107.jpg

The picture makes it look like the 200 did the hitting...

Looks more like you hit him. Not saying it was your fault.

The picture makes it look like the 200 did the hitting...
They just caught the very front corner and drug everything toward the driver side.

Looks more like you hit him. Not saying it was your fault.
They just caught the very front corner and drug everything toward the driver side.

yeah, things happen fast. Hope hope one was hurt. I don't see any fluids on the ground so maybe repairable. If not totaled, be sure to get diminished value included in the claim.

yeah, things happen fast. Hope hope one was hurt. I don't see any fluids on the ground so maybe repairable. If not totaled, be sure to get diminished value included in the claim.
I just have a very sore wife, but no serious injuries thanks. They spread absorbent for the fluids. The car is bent pretty bad. Notice the gap at the passenger door and the driver door is wedged shut.

Always repairable. Insurance companies will total anything these days. Drives me nuts as you know something like this will go over seas and be back on the road living its best life in no time.

Insurance companies will total anything these days
They are into making money not fixing cars. Why deal with the repair shops when they can just write a check. Is not like they are paying for the loss. The rates are going up for everyone, so they are not losing anything. It's still the consumer that is paying for this business model.

Sorry for wife and the bad luck.

So much distracting driving these days that makes you think fully automated cars are the future (not that I would want one).

I happen to agree with @TheComedian. It’s the perfect time for front, plus maybe rear, Slee or Dissent bumpers…and BAM! better than new!

They are into making money not fixing cars. Why deal with the repair shops when they can just write a check. Is not like they are paying for the loss. The rates are going up for everyone, so they are not losing anything. It's still the consumer that is paying for this business model.

So much distracting driving these days that makes you think fully automated cars are the future (not that I would want one).
Thanks

Super sorry for you.
Strangely, on Monday my 18 year old daughter called from college. I got really bad news; she crashed her new Corolla. It still has the temporary plates. Minor damage = 10 grand.
:(

Likely frame damage i would imagine. Repairable maybe...anything can be repaired for $$$. But you won't be able to sell it if you keep it. So this car will be with you forever with potential issues down the road. So, IMHO if insurance totaled it, then i would take it and move on.

Its not just the insurance companies. Body shops don't want large jobs anymore either. They rather have a higher volume of fender benders as that is more lucrative and requires less skilled labor. See my thread on my current situation. I took my wreck to 5 different shops in an effort to find a shop that would do the work after insurance approved the repair. The shop that agreed to do it then came up with a nuclear bomb supplement estimate (after waiting 6 weeks to get on their schedule). I know the original estimate was low but not that low. They nuked it because they really didn't want to do it. I also think liability was part of their thinking too as my damage got into the inner fender which is structural. In the end, they are not short of work and would rather do easy stuff and get paid the same.

Is anyone surprised the air bags did not deploy in this collision? Even if the car is repaired, my wife is now afraid to drive it again.

Is anyone surprised the air bags did not deploy in this collision? Even if the car is repaired, my wife is now afraid to drive it again.
airbags deployment in most cars are based on rate of deceleration not actual impact.

And if your wife is scared......then that kinda answer the question of if you want to keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom