A\C power source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I have a 1991 FJ80 LC, I'm from South Africa, so it's a 3F 4.0L, carb engine. I finally got around to fixing the AC. My question is: where does the AC get its power from? There are no wires near the AC. Does the wire come from the low pressure switch?

Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers,
Nicholas

Hi all,
I have a 1991 FJ80 LC, I'm from South Africa, so it's a 3F 4.0L, carb engine. I finally got around to fixing the AC. My question is: where does the AC get its power from? There are no wires near the AC. Does the wire come from the low pressure switch?

Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers,
Nicholas
I'm not certain this is the same for your truck, but here is the schematic for the AC system on a 1991 US Spec FJ80.

AC Full.jpg

Thank you, it's a start. I have an idea it's from the amplifier side. The PO had a 30 amp fuse instead of a 10amp for the AC and it fried the wire all the way from the fuse right through to the pressure switch near the head light.had to slowly peel the burnt offerings out of the loom. It seems he just cut away any wires from the AC pump. The amplifier is poked. The AC cabin switch is poked. Happy days, dash in and out twice now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom