99 LX470 Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a 99 LX. It came with original adjustable suspension system.. but since the system is not longer working. the truck seems to be a little bit lower in the front. I picked up a set of 185/75/16 All terrain BFG. and was wondering if anyone have experience with this situation. I do not want to buy a lift kit yet... since I want to use the car and find out what type of suspension and equipment will I need.
Is there any "entry" level lift that you would recommend for this situation? or anything like that?
Thank you very much.

What do you mean by "no longer working?" Does it not raise and lower? Is it stuck in Low or Neutral? What is the measurement from center of hub to fender? Have done the graduation test? Need more info. There is no such thing as an entry lift for the LX. You either have to gut the entire system and go conventional ($1k minimum) or replace the components ($ or $$$ depending on what has stopped working). As for tires, I assume you meant 285/75/16 which is a 33" tire effectively. They will fit fine if the vehicle is in it's "neutral" or "normal" configuration.

What do you mean by "no longer working?" Does it not raise and lower? Is it stuck in Low or Neutral? What is the measurement from center of hub to fender? Have done the graduation test? Need more info. There is no such thing as an entry lift for the LX. You either have to gut the entire system and go conventional ($1k minimum) or replace the components ($ or $$$ depending on what has stopped working). As for tires, I assume you meant 285/75/16 which is a 33" tire effectively. They will fit fine if the vehicle is in it's "neutral" or "normal" configuration.
Right on! thank you very much. I am getting a 1.5" lift. I will up load some pictures soon.

Right on! thank you very much. I am getting a 1.5" lift. I will up load some pictures soon.

What lift are you going with? OME? When?

Until then, you could always adjust the front AHC sensors to gain some lift. Remember, the torsion bars on an AHC equipped vehicle don't create lift, the sensors do. But, for the sensor lift to work, the AHC has to be working as well.

BTW, the front is meant to be a little lower than the rear on any 100 series. This is to help with driving dynamics. Typically meant to be 1" lower in the front.

I recently bought a 99 LX. It came with original adjustable suspension system.. but since the system is not longer working. the truck seems to be a little bit lower in the front. I picked up a set of 185/75/16 All terrain BFG. and was wondering if anyone have experience with this situation. I do not want to buy a lift kit yet... since I want to use the car and find out what type of suspension and equipment will I need.
Is there any "entry" level lift that you would recommend for this situation? or anything like that?
Thank you very much.
Before you spend money, read this entire thread.

Before you spend money, read this entire thread.
Thank you. The AHC was removed. Its stock now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom