'97 LX450 Semi-wrecked - Gauging interest in parts. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer: Thanks for the offer! I just sent Mike (Junk) the shots for resizing (Thanks again Mike!).

I didn't snap any of the interior yesterday, unfortunately. I'm 45min from the collision center, and with such a crazy schedule, I have to plan hard to get free-time. They close the gates & lock-up @ 5 (EST). I'm told I'll need info. off of a 'data plate' to get the nitty gritty on the options (ie: locker). I'll have to search for it when I can get up there.

For the fella that asked, the condition of the interior is great. Again, I'll have to take some shots.

Selling this as a whole would be excellent, providing the price is beneficial. There's no question, a good bit more of the loss could be recouped by parting the truck out. With that, though, comes a good bit of time and hassle. Whichever outweighs the other...I'm having a difficult time figuring up a price 'As-Is'. Anyone not interested in the whole shebang (for obvious reasons :) ), that can muster-up a fair price w/ and w/o the locker option, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'd really appreciate it. The shots soon to be posted show the damage fairly clearly. Everything else on the vehicle is great.

I need whole both front headlight assembly with corners. If you are parting it out of course. LMK or PM me please.

whoever ends up parting out this beast may want to consider lending or donating the instrument cluster to raventai to facilitate the development of a responsive factory temp gauge mod.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=53142

Is this vehicle fixable?
Is so I might be interested in buying the whole vehicle.
If it is fixable, could you please send all pics of it to
Scurrie@houston.rr.com
Thank You
:bounce2:

This post is just to inform all interested, that I've confirmed that the truck DOES, in fact, have the locker option. The engagement buttons should've made that pretty obvious, I know lol...Again, pardon the ignorance.

I'm going to distribute some shots here in a minute. I sent them to 'Junk' to have them resized and posted, but perhaps they didn't go through for whatever reason.

I unfortunately haven't had time to get up to the collision center to take more shots (interior; 'data tag'). Please excuse the tardiness. This part of the yr keeps business pretty crazy, day and night.

To the fella interested in the 'fixability'...as we all know, anything is fixable...I realize, though, we're talking from a cost-effectiveness/value standpoint. All I can really provide you with to help answer that is the repair quote I was given, $6k. You'll have to draw your own conclusion. I needed a larger vehicle anyway, so this was just more motivation to make the change. Though not the motivation I had in mind lol...

The owner of the collision center has been very generous in terms of cost leniency and the vehicles stay. But, in his own friendly way, he's hinting that it should be moved ASAP. I have a friend working with me on how I should take care of the whole ordeal. He's advised I consider ebay, depending on how interested you fellas really are. Anyone else truly interested, be sure to make me aware of this. Ask for shots, and try to muster-up a price. I'd really like to make the outright/auction decision quick. The buyer could very easily make a good bit of cash by parting it out. I've come to the conclusion that I lack the time required to do so myself, and apologize to the few of you very interested in part. I'll assume all responsibilities in arranging shipment. With the truck being immobile, shipping costs will be a tad higher. I plan to submit an online form this evening for costs to diff. locations to give you guys a ballpark figure.

After seeing the pictures you sent me. I don't know if anyone will buy that on Ebay I don't know how you could go about it. You can always try anyway.

I still want those headlights and cornerlights though.

please email pics to me @ RustyRP@aol.com

I need the little cap on the rear of the right side running board

assuming that the running board isnt shaped like a pretzle

Im also up for any unbent wheels / tires

maybe the engine / tranny (although you can probably move that on ebay)

Im in Columbia and my Bro in law is in atlanta, so one or the other of us is always driving right past you

DigitalKnight86 said:
After seeing the pictures you sent me. I don't know if anyone will buy that on Ebay I don't know how you could go about it. You can always try anyway.

I still want those headlights and cornerlights though.
The 'advisor' of the ebay route was looking at it from a time standpoint. That route, it's guaranteed to be off my chest at a certain date. An add in an online forum isn't so promising...

Just to add...when I began the thread, with the title 'Semi-wrecked', I had yet to see the full extent of the damage. The guy at the collision center gave me only a vague description, and the cost of repairs. It wasn't until I drove up there for shots that I saw the extent of the damage. I was shaken-up a bit at the time, to say the least, the truck was in a ditch, and it was pouring like you wouldn't believe. Like a scene out of a movie...

couple of other things I might be interested in

steering wheel,

any unclaimed bits out of the dash (hazard switch, rear heater rocker switch, stereo, etc)

your keyless remote keyfobs,

the carpets, floormats, etc (I'd come over to help with the carpet)

E brake lever and cable assy

what remains of the body cladding & flares (but more specifically the attachment hardware)

I hope nobody complains too much if I shift this thread in another direction, but what are you gonna replace that 450 with?

you already have a 470 in your driveway?

did you / are you doing the 6000 lb gvw tax break for self employed / business use?

You are not going to find more Cruiser part ravenous guys in one spot in all the earth than you have right here. Don't even bother with Ebay. You have your own concentrated form of Cruiser Ebay right here.

I pmed you about the seats! Very interested!

Sent you a PM

I need the front passenger side corner bumper cover. Also both rear windw vent covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom