96 LX450 rs3000 harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I removed the rs3000 alarm box from under the seat and got as far as the kick panel. The 2 smaller connector have been removed and reconnected. On the third one, a 12 wire connector I am not seeing where to plug it back in after I disconnect the rs3000 harness from the factory harness? It's the one with the arrow.
RS HARNESS.jpeg

If you use the search function with keyword "alarm removal" and location this forum you will find several helpful threads to read including the example below.

If you use the search function with keyword "alarm removal" and location this forum you will find several helpful threads to read including the example below.

I did read thru quite a few threads and came away with unhook the rs3000 connectors and plug the factory harness back to like connectors. Im just not seeing a 12 wire connector to hook back into. Most likely Im overlooking something simple but Im stumpified.

I removed the rs3000 alarm box from under the seat and got as far as the kick panel. The 2 smaller connector have been removed and reconnected. On the third one, a 12 wire connector I am not seeing where to plug it back in after I disconnect the rs3000 harness from the factory harness? It's the one with the arrow. View attachment 2241816
This may not help, but when I did mine, I started at the box under the front seat, and pulled and traced each section of harness to a plug, unplugged, then went to the next section.

None of the plugs will cross over and plug into the wrong place.

Keep looking, it's there, it just may be on another leg of the harness.

To make the job easier, I removed the driver's seat, the lower dash panel, and the steel crash panel under the column.

Since I was in that far, I also added a CDL button and did the Pin 7 mod.

This may not help, but when I did mine, I started at the box under the front seat, and pulled and traced each section of harness to a plug, unplugged, then went to the next section.

None of the plugs will cross over and plug into the wrong place.

Keep looking, it's there, it just may be on another leg of the harness.

To make the job easier, I removed the driver's seat, the lower dash panel, and the steel crash panel under the column.

Since I was in that far, I also added a CDL button and did the Pin 7 mod.
I'm sure it's there somewhere it's just hiding from me. I didnt get to it today but I did remove the hood cowling and cleared a couple of years worth of leave from under there. I think after I get the alarm harness removed it time to remove and clean the carpet.

So I found the other 12 pin connector closer to the firewall disconnected it and hooked back to where the alarm harness was connected. That left one open connector which if I understand right the lexus is prewired for all the options? When I turn the ignition the door locks cycle on and off 3 or 4 times and still no start. Is there another theft deterrent system besides the rs3000?

So I found the other 12 pin connector closer to the firewall disconnected it and hooked back to where the alarm harness was connected. That left one open connector which if I understand right the lexus is prewired for all the options? When I turn the ignition the door locks cycle on and off 3 or 4 times and still no start. Is there another theft deterrent system besides the rs3000?
No.

If you remove the alarm system, the lock cycling will go away.

You've missed something. Are you physically removing the system or just disconnecting in place?

I removed the harness and the rs3000. Any idea what I might have missed?
rs3000.jpg

not counting the rs unit it has 7 attachments. 1 of them go to a glass breaker sensor , another goes to a relay 056700-8250 , 3 connect to the main harness, another went to the security system light/chirper on the dash panel and the last one I am not sure but it was in the same area as the light/chirper on the dash panel Maybe the radio?. I was expecting something to be attached to the ignition but did not see anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom