95 series petrol to diesel conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just woundering if anyone has done a petrol(5VZ-FE) to diesel(1KZ-TE or the d4d) conversion in a 95 series prado.... i was thinking of doing one to mine....
the plan of attack was to get a whole nother car so i got all the different looms, fuel componants, engine, mountings, etc.
then sell off the remaining parts.
im not to conserned about the labor as i am a diesel mechanic and i would think at most of it would be unbolt, bolt up sort of work.(correct me if im wrong)
also what is the go with legalities on doing this?
even if someone could point me in the right direction for more info and photos... thanks.

conversion

Hi Mate
Here in the UK isn't alot of petrol LC95's, but speaking from past experiences on other cars I would say, aprt from the diesel engine with it's ancilaries, the wiring loom, engine ecu, exhaust, bellhousing, mountings from the diesel donar car.:meh:
Good luck

Diesel Rules!!!!!:beer:

i WOuld go to the pradopoint.com forums there is a guy doing a diesel conversion with the d4d on his 95....

just woundering if anyone has done a petrol(5VZ-FE) to diesel(1KZ-TE or the d4d) conversion in a 95 series prado.... i was thinking of doing one to mine....
the plan of attack was to get a whole nother car so i got all the different looms, fuel componants, engine, mountings, etc.
then sell off the remaining parts.
im not to conserned about the labor as i am a diesel mechanic and i would think at most of it would be unbolt, bolt up sort of work.(correct me if im wrong)
also what is the go with legalities on doing this?
even if someone could point me in the right direction for more info and photos... thanks.

Wouldnt you be better off just buying a diesel 95 series? I know they can be hard to track down and a bit pricey ,but you would still be better off.
(I spent a few weekends looking for a KZJ95 for my brother but he gave up and bought a V6 due to time commitments)

There is no real legal problem as the vehicle is designed for this motor and the HP wont exceed the V6.
The main things they will note is the standard of any welding or electrical wiring
When I put the 1HZ into my FJ73 ,I went an asked them before I started and they were very helpfull.
THis was in WA but the rules have become more or less standardised

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom