‘95 LC value HG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm curious why it'd cost 10k to refresh it? I read somewhere that the bottom end was good for 500,000+ miles if you kept oil and coolant in it; but who would spend 30k keeping it on the road? Might as well just buy a new truck at that point. I just feel like most people would just junk it if they got quoted 10k, or swap in a diesel/refurbished motor if they had plenty of money.
I'm hoping not to have to face the cost.
But it's inevitable none the less.

Last edited:
What am I missing, I see a few pictures of the undercarriage although it looks Rush free it also looks like it has all the common oil leaks and needs a front end service.
I keep seeing the rest of the truck look good ?
Where are these picture of the rest of the truck ?
Cheers

You are at that decision point now, were you to purchase the rig in question. I don't know what indicators would confirm or deny the absolute fact of engine replacement. I can only say the rest of the rig looks great. 👍
I'm not sure if you're talking to the OP or me here. I already bought mine. HGs are good but it has the typical leaks/old rubber etc. So it could use 2-5k in refurbishing to get it up to stickling Mud standards. However with my budget I'll have to take more of a break/fix approach.

I'm not sure if you're talking to the OP or me here. I already bought mine. HGs are good but it has the typical leaks/old rubber etc. So it could use 2-5k in refurbishing to get it up to stickling Mud standards. However with my budget I'll have to take more of a break/fix approach.
Yes that was for OP. Fix on the way.
It is overwhelming, the first go around, no doubt.
FWIW, the only way I could get the majority of the niggling base line stuff done was to treat it like a car payment and spend a set amount every month on parts. Sometimes it took 3 months just to get all the parts for one project. Drive line bushes come to mind.

Yea I keep hearing stories about how engines with over 300k still have pristine bottom ends when opened up for a HG/valve job. So I figured it'd be a top end rebuild at most once you get around that mileage. But this is just from reading anecdotal accounts.

I mean, I saw a video clip of a Ford Winstar van with over 400k the other day. So looked after, I'd imagine the Cruiser should be able to last a while before any catastrophic failures lol.

I'd think getting an oil analysis every other change should at least give you some idea when a rebuild might be starting to rear its head

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom