Builds 95 FZJ80 3X Locked and Supercharged Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gonna repaint my wheels cause they are corroded. Did one to see how it would turn out. Lots of sanding. Got one done.
pNOjQRll.jpg

Picked up a Kenwood DNX573S head unit for half off. Garmin based nav (Grid coordinates), Apple car play, and bluetooth. Came with a free camera but it wouldn't work for the back. He sold me the tag mount for his cost at $51 and gave me the free one anyways. The unit supports a front camera also. Might be a fun project.
YMbHts4l.jpg

Finally got my new radio installed. Took awhile to get the back up camera wiring ran and figured out. Great quality.
6dt53VHl.jpg

QWCOXjll.jpg

Took this picture the other night. Thought it turned out nicely.
Fub573ul.jpg

I would change out all those original heater hoses and heater valve pronto

Second that. My cruiser was babied by it's last owner and I've been kind to it with maintenance and such but even still that little hose blew out at 180k (just like mud said it would haha). I caught it well before it even got hit luckily, but not everyone is so lucky, might as well set aside a weekend and get er done now.

I would change out all those original heater hoses and heater valve pronto

I will find the part numbers so I can get them ordered. Unless you have a link to them by chance.

Went to a different junkyard today and they had a few land cruisers so I picked up a few things for that and my 01 4runner. Paid $100 for everything. Say that was a score!!!
EYBNLSFl.jpg

First I did the grill. Before and After.
DegCSdPl.jpg

NBqlCVtl.jpg

Was gonna swap the whole console but did just the lid. The leather isn't perfect but I got an armrest now so I can't complain.
ZcviAmsl.jpg

Got the wheels and hub caps painted.
MlL8Ji5l.jpg

I went to the 4wheelparts truck and jeep show. Picked up an ARB bumper and Warn VR10s for a solid price.

Unwrapped it out of the plastic
x1WO9e6l.jpg

Mounted on the vehicle. Winch should show up in a few days.
MtSrQ4ml.jpg

@3rdgenfan Can you show your rear view camera mounted? I just bought a Sony double DIN + Clarion rear view camera, but haven't received it yet. I bought a license plate mount for the camera but not sure how it'll all mount.

Beautiful truck BTW. Jealous of that cloth interior and SC.

@3rdgenfan Can you show your rear view camera mounted? I just bought a Sony double DIN + Clarion rear view camera, but haven't received it yet. I bought a license plate mount for the camera but not sure how it'll all mount.

Beautiful truck BTW. Jealous of that cloth interior and SC.

Thanks. I seem to get a lot of complements on the cloth. Wanted the leather but I think I will keep the cloth since it seems to be more desired.

Here is the pic. It mounts to the tag and I cut a little notch in the tag light bracket and ran the wire through the tailgate into the inside of the vehicle.
zTOcoiVl.jpg

In other news my winch finally showed up. Warn VR 10S.
F5jhBqtl.jpg

Got the winch put on today. For those wondering. The VR10 bolts up no issue.
0jaKXuil.jpg

eccP4ivl.jpg

These finally showed up today. I am so pumped!!!

HznfiVQl.jpg

XGEpne2l.jpg

My wife got me a few stickers made.
8ABIBqzl.jpg

I like this one the most.
U64NPBUl.jpg

i have the 12k S your going to like it great unit I think.

Cant wait to get stuck or have to pull out someone else.

Reactions: RFB
Been awhile since I have updated my thread. I have since got a Dobinson's 3' tapered lift. To include new shocks, steering stabilizer, caster plates and rear sway bar extensions. Mike and Dave have been such a big help. Thumbs up for great customer service.

Took the picture with my new iPhone 10s
1Xp6oBxh.jpg

Got a set of weather tech mats on the 4runner forum on a group buy
AKTTBRll.jpg

2LFCPtil.jpg

Lx450 transfer case shift knob. Got it free at the junk yard.
E1dUd8al.jpg

What yard(s) are you going to that have Cruisers?

Jim's Toyota has them.
Bennets auto has one
Yotayard has some but they high priced
Upull on federal has a 94

Jim's Toyota has them.
Bennets auto has one
Yotayard has some but they high priced
Upull on federal has a 94

Ah, nice! Habit keeps me going to Colorado Auto and Parts, but the last time I was there they were pretty bare in the truck and SUV area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom