Build 94 FZJ80 - Let the Adventure Ensue

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, as above. Just drain as much as you can. If it's clean, send it and forget it.
If it's looking a little dirty, drain and refill again in 1000 miles.

If you're worried about it, while the axles are out, it's easy enough to pull the third member and wipe as much oil out as possible.

Clean up mating surfaces really good before putting it back.
I'd say use a paper gasket here, I've had RTV fail, and bolts loosen up.
I think RTV stays kind of fluid even when fully set, I think this let's things move about a bit.
Others will swear by RTV.
 
I still like and use the OEM paper gasket with a little RTV
 
Right on fellas, I didn’t think it was that big of a deal but wanted to make sure using your experience and knowledge. At some point I will trust myself on these simpler things.

I’m planning a short solo wheeling/camping trip for myself. Thinking of going out up to 6hrs away so there are a lot of options. We’ll see where I end up going.

Also, there’s a friggin coyote who hunts my animals between 1-7 pm every other day. He killed 15 chickens, maybe a turkey, and very badly wounded my last remaining turkey. I’ve been hunting it unsuccessfully. It’s time to set traps I suppose. You guys know how to kill a coyote?
 
Back
Top Bottom