94 alarm question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been told the original location for something having to do with the alarm was under the drivers seat. All that is there now (thanks PO) is an amp for my stereo. I have no alarm clicker, the alarm seems to be disabled and the indicator light for the alarm on the laft hand side of the steering wheel is always off.
Where do I start to put this pack into stock condition?

From what I'm aware of is the aftermarket alarms are always under the dash in the steering column area and the factory LC ones are behind the glovebox. Supposedly an Audiovox unit,for one and theres another one. Both are factory units. I was checking for one on mine to see if I could get a clicker and get it working only to find out mine doesn't have one......Mines a 91 though.

My factory alarm unit is under my DS, 95' don't know if there would be a difference.

From what I'm aware of is the aftermarket alarms are always under the dash in the steering column area and the factory LC ones are behind the glovebox. Supposedly an Audiovox unit,for one and theres another one. Both are factory units. I was checking for one on mine to see if I could get a clicker and get it working only to find out mine doesn't have one......Mines a 91 though.

The factory alarm control boxes are under the driver's seat in all cases.

I have been told the original location for something having to do with the alarm was under the drivers seat. All that is there now (thanks PO) is an amp for my stereo. I have no alarm clicker, the alarm seems to be disabled and the indicator light for the alarm on the laft hand side of the steering wheel is always off.
Where do I start to put this pack into stock condition?

Does the indicator reside in a rectangle that says "Toyota Security" on it and are there a bunch of tiny holes in the rectangle for a microphone?

Question along the same lines - anyone know where the speaker for the alarm located on 96?

My alarm chrips ocassionally when I lock or unlock the doors but most of the time it doesn't. Anyone one else had this problem - solution?

Does the indicator reside in a rectangle that says "Toyota Security" on it and are there a bunch of tiny holes in the rectangle for a microphone?

Yep, thats what I have, but the indicator light is always off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom