94 80 series won’t accelerate until reaching operating temperature. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you checked your air flow meter? I was chasing similar issues forever on my ‘94 (also a 12/93 build), replaced the AFM once with what what supposed to be a good used one. Didn’t change anything. After going through all the troubleshooting sequences, I came back to that used AFM and wouldn’t you know, it tested bad. Finally found another used one. Tested good, bolted it on, and it’s been running right ever since.

Have you checked your air flow meter? I was chasing similar issues forever on my ‘94 (also a 12/93 build), replaced the AFM once with what what supposed to be a good used one. Didn’t change anything. After going through all the troubleshooting sequences, I came back to that used AFM and wouldn’t you know, it tested bad. Finally found another used one. Tested good, bolted it on, and it’s been running right ever since.
I haven’t tested that yet. I will put it on the list.

Tested the AFM yesterday... one of the resistance values was slightly out of spec but the rest tested perfectly.

After I reinstalled the AFM, I decided to try putting the paper Clip in the wire harness side of the plug for the EGR temp sensor to create an open loop, and also looped the vacuum lines for the EGR modulator. AND..... no hesitation. No stalling. No codes. Maybe that was it! I’ll put some more miles on it and report back.

Tested the AFM yesterday... one of the resistance values was slightly out of spec but the rest tested perfectly.

After I reinstalled the AFM, I decided to try putting the paper Clip in the wire harness side of the plug for the EGR temp sensor to create an open loop, and also looped the vacuum lines for the EGR modulator. AND..... no hesitation. No stalling. No codes. Maybe that was it! I’ll put some more miles on it and report back.
It’s been a few years since your post. Is that still your permanent fix or did you find something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom