'88 FJ62: Need smog pump hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
homepage.mac.com
Anyone have a source for the Toyota part numbers:
These are the original Toyota part numbers for the molded rubber hoses for the smog pump.
Thanks
Mike

I desmogged my 11/89 rig. I think they were OK but I'd have to make sure I still have them. I think I was going to keep the one from the air cleaner to the pump to feed filtered air to my on board air compressor.

Let me know if you don't have any luck sourcing them and I'll look through the pile.

Eric

Are they still available new? Very old used ones tend to be quite brittle and decompose easily.

guys,
checked all over including the local Toyota dealer. Discontinued. I am hoping to find the above hoses in good shape. Mine are on the FJ62 since new and just about shot. Looking to get these hoses in decent usable shape if you have them sitting in a box for x years in the garage. Let me know.
Thx

Many have used Silicone hose with success. Don't know the size or source, but there are threads on it. Old ones are a PITA to deal with.

One of the 60s I used to have had been re-plumbed with silicone hose for the smog pump and it was much more pliable and easier to work with. P.O. did it. Used some with 90* bends, S-shaped, etc, to make it work.

This one is cracked. Eric if you have one available, let me know. Thanks!
Slide1.jpg

This problem has come up a few times and there was one effort in the past to try and have hoses made but wasn’t successful. My suggestion is to take the hoses you have now to a fabrication shop and have some similar sized tubing made up to match. It could be coated to resist corrosion and then to install use silicon hose to make the connections.

Never found a solution for the cracked hoses. Friends FJ62 has been down for nearly a year. In the garage and lots of old age problems, both vehicle and person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom