88 Cruiser Refresh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am so excited to dig in to this truck. No tags yet but we rode up and down our lane four kids wide in the back row and my two year old up front with my wife holding on to the glove box handle. It was a pretty awesome moment.

The rig overall is really nice and the plan is to fix her up over time. First order of business was to start a stockpile of parts. Ordered a transfer case rebuild kit and got some passenger side panels. Also ordered wire brushes for the grinder and drill, rust converter and prep, and frame paint. I sprayed the rear section with screwloose and let it sit to help break down rust before it is brushed. I plan on doing the rear section first and putting the bumper back on. Then the front when I reverse the shackle reversal so I can hit the spring perches inside and out.

Need to make a trip to harbor freight for a higher lift jack, mig welder (can’t wait to learn welding), and a trans jack for when I do the RMS. Will be slow going but the plan is to post my progress.

Some pictures after some pressure washing. More cleaning is needed :)

12CB6A73-DB03-4A5D-BE54-2A11DBAA3836.jpeg

9958692A-A78A-406D-AF7C-AF91D4D8BC2F.jpeg
B6E043BB-0FA8-4892-B2EC-7D316D16288D.jpeg

There’s been some good times on the trails with that truck along with the rest of the Appalachia boys. Hopefully you don’t make it too nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom