Wanted 86 FJ60 fuel tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a good tank from an 83. It was pulled from a running cruiser for a motor swap. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Great! I will get a quote and let you know.

still available new from Toyota if you want to spend the $$'s

Wow! What on a 86? Still an open recall? Sweet

Jun 26,1991
Manufacturer Recall NumberM01
NHTSA Recall Number91V110
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete

SummaryContinuous driving under extremely severe conditions i.e. high ambient temperature and heavy load, can create high vapor pressure within the fuel tank, and the resultant stress may cause excessive load to those points where the fuel tank separator is welded to the interior of the fuelt tank.

Safety RiskIf the vehicle continues to be driven under these conditions, the repeated high pressure may eventually cause a crack in the tank, and in the worst case, fuel leakage. Fuel leakage can lead to fire when near an ignition source.

RemedyReplace the fuel tank with an improved tank.

Manufacturer's Notes

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner,please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

Sep 14,1989
Manufacturer Recall NumberK04
NHTSA Recall Number89V155
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete
SummaryRear seat lap belt may not return to fully retracted position after use.

Safety RiskConsequently, belt could not be released, due tolocking characteristics of automatic locking retractor system.

RemedyInstall belt guide, or sheath, to decrease retracting resistance and allow free belt movement.

Manufacturer's Notes

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner,please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom