84' build. "The Bruise" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I built some new rear spring hangers today. Can you say BEEF. I had these 3/8" press bent C-brackets that I cut into new rear spring hangers since the stock ones are less than strong anyway. They will also move the front of the springs up a full inch. The rear of the spring at the shackle hanger will also move up an inch, so I am pretty sure I can eliminate another inch of lift overall in the ass end.

I built some new rear spring hangers today. Can you say BEEF. I had these 3/8" press bent C-brackets that I cut into new rear spring hangers since the stock ones are less than strong anyway. They will also move the front of the springs up a full inch. The rear of the spring at the shackle hanger will also move up an inch, so I am pretty sure I can eliminate another inch of lift overall in the ass end.

20090407181457_002.JPG

Shock brackets so I can triangulate the shocks.
20090407181609_003.JPG

Had to ship one more of these guys out today too:

20090407182033_001.JPG

ok scott its been 10days this thing smoking the tires yet?

or the new location got ya slammed?

Just spent four days in Moab. I do have some new pics of the front axle built, but that is it for now. I'll get on it as soon as I have some free time.

Scotty

Thread highjack.... do you build a similar style front tube bumper for fj60 Landcruisers?

Sid

I will soon enough. I'll get my vendor star before pimping anything. Just need to get some built for mine. I have another Moab trip at the end of May, and my plan is to take the 60 out for that. Its going to be a mild family trip, but I will likely need sliders and bumpers for it.

Did you cut and turn?

Nope. Won't need to. Decided on the TBI350/700R4. That lengthens the front Driveshaft, and I will likely end up with a 203/205 doubler.

Anyway, we'll see. But, with the shackles frenched, and the hangers height reduced, I won't need to cut and turn.

So, I started the mock up on the front end on Saturday. I just haven't had the time to get anything done with the projects in the shop. But, should have a couple days this week to get some things done.

Its getting a shackle reversal and wheel base stretch to help with clearance at the firewall/fender at the back. The new spring mount was moved forward 2" forward of stock.

20090503215248_DSCN0688.JPG

For now everything is just tacked in place until I can get the frame tubes centered and welded into place. Then I need to get weight on the front axle to see where we will be in regards to the shackle angle. Once that is done, I can pretty much finish weld everything in place and then reassemble the front axle completely.

What is that curious gray beasty parked next to the 60? I was gonna say 3rd gen ext. cab Toy PU but something looks off.

What is that curious gray beasty parked next to the 60? I was gonna say 3rd gen ext. cab Toy PU but something looks off.

That is a customer's truck. Its a 2nd 4runner. I built that for him a while back. It was in the shop getting a custom rear bumper built.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom