SOLD '84 2F engine block (needs rebuild) - San Jose, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kenavt

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Selling this engine block for $700, looking to move quickly. Needs a rebuild (at least has the head gasket blown, probably more, haven't tried investigating). You can read more about the adventure that led to it being removed in my build thread (Builds - Cara the white '84 FJ60! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cara-the-white-84-fj60.1178440/page-2#post-13291824).

The history on it that I know of:

• I have a receipt for a rebuild by Lonnie Jensen in San Francisco in 2002 (see second post).
  • I bought the truck in Oct 2019 with very little records besides that rebuild. Did a couple oil changes, coolant changes, new T-stat, valve adjustment, valve cover, other work in my build thread.
  • Aug 2020 - had a breakdown/overheat (see build post). Spat white smoke and oil out the exhaust at my buddy tailing me, found a liter and a half of coolant in the oil pan when I finally emptied it.
  • Dec 2020 - removed, had 174k miles at the time of removal
  • Mar 2021 - sat in my garage until I finished stripping it down for my new engine install

Local pickup only please (in San Jose area). I have various powertrain parts if the person who takes this is interested, we can work that out.

IMG_0925.jpeg
IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0924.jpeg
IMG_0922.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm interested but wouldn't be able to come pick it up for at least 3 weeks.

Thanks Georg @orangefj45. Updated the post to say I’m in San Jose so closer to your neck of the woods. If I don’t sell it before then that would be good.

Sorry, it's long gone. Updated the post as sold. If you're in the Central Valley maybe @orangefj45 can source you something fresh or needing a rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom