8274 winch cover? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ60 with old style ARB, 8274 in it. Ordered a Warn winch cover for the winch..It don't fit:confused: Any ideas? I want to cover it to keep the Mag. chloride (or what ever the hell that stuff is) off the winch this winter..

Could you make something custom out of vinyl?

I did this for my fog lights, and have thought of doing for my winch, but am not there yet. It would be a b**ch to sew it, but maybe you could make a pattern and take to an upholstry shop.

Could you make something custom out of vinyl?

I did this for my fog lights, and have thought of doing for my winch, but am not there yet. It would be a b**ch to sew it, but maybe you could make a pattern and take to an upholstry shop.

That's my next move if nobody has found any thing else. the Warn cover would not fit down far enough on the front side, the bullbar stops it, the cover sits up way high with all that extra material left on the top side and looks like it blocks 50% of the radiator..nice cover though,

I'm going to try modifying a "stuff sack" from a sleeping bag, see if I can pull that over the control box and motor..then stuff a block of wood or foam into the roller furling to keep the cable dry(er).

or make a lic plate deal that fits over the roller furler to block the grit...

Take you current cover to some one who does alterations. They should be able to modify it for you so you can use it. Or you could just send it to me.

That's a good idea, modifying the cover that is. It is brand spanking new so I didn't think about cutting it up.

So I'll just send you the ca$h if I end up using the cover:grinpimp:.

Made three of these on Saturday

image.jpg

Nice to see you are back at making these.

Last edited:
For $55 it doesn't seem to make sense to try and make one by hand.

Charla has the right equipment and has already got it all figured out.

Buy a Chickworx cover and have the good stuff. ;)

Mark...

Still make these covers? Looking for three or so. Tks!!

I am. Email info @ chickworx . com for more info and to submit pictures of how your winch is mounted (it affects how the back is done).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom