8274 Warn Winch help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased Gigglepin extended motor bolts so I can bolt on their 12v Solenoid to the end on my new Warn 9.5 XP motor. The problem is that the bolts do not go through the housing on the new Warn 9.5 XP motor. I did a bunch of research and the two Gigglepin sells are the same except length and there is no other threads addressing this type of issue. I thought about maybe drilling them out, but was unsure if you can or damaging it. Have any of you had the same problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Than
FE438A83-702E-4AF2-A7C3-A17452652FAF_1_105_c.jpeg
ks,
Steve
E7027723-9A9E-4373-A569-69C1BDE7C336_1_105_c.jpeg
8AA82456-4862-4DC2-96CF-2B8752277A80_1_105_c.jpeg
EEE98402-519F-4A5C-B9FF-F9075569EBC2_1_105_c.jpeg

do they thread into the top housing of the 8274? They look larger.
and dumb question but i'm going to ask. what protects the solenoid? I haven't looked at gigglepin stuff in a year or so.

I mounted my contactor under the old solenoid cover. Wiring is a bit tight but it works:

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

do they thread into the top housing of the 8274? They look larger.
and dumb question but i'm going to ask. what protects the solenoid? I haven't looked at gigglepin stuff in a year or so.
No the bolts themselves are not larger they are the same. It is the outer rubber casing that is thicker. I drilled out the motor top cover and they do go through it now. I am just still not sure it would hold the weight of the solenoid, being made of plastic. Reason I say this is I already have a solenoid, which is brand new,. that one of the ears that the bolts attach to is broken from shipping to me. I can not complain because it has been sitting in my barn for a long time in a box and I doubt they would warranty it, but it just makes me think that the supports are weak IMHO. That being said, the bolts go through one end of the motor to the other end, which then attaches to the top of the 8274 housing on the side.

The bolts appear to be clad in shrink-wrap my guess is they are metal but with a non conductive wrap.

I mounted my solenoid under the old cover on the motor also. Thats why I was asking how the solenoid cover mounts on the end of the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom