82 BJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking at the finished product you'd never be able to guess the starting point.

You've done a great job.

In fact it looks too good for a hunting rig (which tends to get left abandonned at a roadend for thieves to "pick-a-part" or "take-the-whole-thing")!

I think I own this truck! I clicked on your channel because I saw you were in Crofton. The truck lives in Yellow Point now. She's in our shop getting some rust touchup work and undercoating before she hits the road again. Very nice work. Very nice indeed. Glad to see someone didn't fill the sides with bondo! I'm a happy guy.

Came back to find this thread so I could have a look at what the frame looked like back in 06.. She's going to RADD cruisers this winter for a little reinforcement I'd say. In case you're interested, she's now sitting on stock 15" wheels so I could be rid of the spacers. Those aluminum ones in the front to make the chevy wheels fit over the calipers completely disintegrated! I replaced the fronts with Spidertrax to get more lug nut on lug until I could find a nice set of factory wheels. She now has toyota mini truck power steering, running off the factory 3B pressure pump. The exhaust was also completely toast, so its been cut off and replaced with a 2.5" side exit style exhaust. No muffler, just an 06 chev duramax resonator. Sounds mean, but I recently got 32mpg on a trip to Port Renfrew. She now has 205 000km on her, rising every day because she's my daily driver until November. I picked up an old Dodge van for $600 so I can keep the Cruiser in my heated shop for the winter.. No salt for my baby. Hoping for get collector plates for it in February. Cheers
IMG_1794.JPG
IMG_1703.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom