80-Series axle advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If your going to 40's in the future, you might as well spend the money on axles once. Just save up for one tons because the toy axle will keep breaking. I have less than $3k into my d60 and 14b, with new gears, bearings, seals, HAD flanges, chromo 35 spline outers, stock no neck down inners, detroit front, spool rear, rear disks, new front brakes, drive flanges, and ruff stuff diff covers. I also got my axles for free from a parts truck, actually I made $50 so far off of the truck. The only thing I may have to upgrade in the future is the inner shafts, but I'll cross that bridge when I break one. Also, I will be on 42's on my 4runner.

I agree with you, I just don't have the money right now and it is not easy for me to come up with that kind of cash. I think I'm going to rebuild my axle this summer and start looking for a 1-ton Dodge parts truck for the axles. That way I can still wheel while I build the axles up slowly...

Meanwhile I will have to get some stuff sold in order to fix my axle correctly. Therefore it got bolted back together for the time being... Maybe I should start a betting pool as to when that r&p will explode. :hmm:

I'd like to know how well it holds up. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom