80 for sale on ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's a $7,500 rig all day long and I've found more then one in AZ at $7,500 and passed them up cause I thought it was too high..

Damn! I was $600 off.... So of the 79,000,000 eBay users in the USA not a one of them thought it was worth more then $8,100!! Damn I hate being right so much... On the bright side, I always feel the love in this forum :flipoff2:

sonoranfun said:
Damn! I was $600 off.... So of the 79,000,000 eBay users in the USA not a one of them thought it was worth more then $8,100!!
Damn I hate being right so much... On the bright side, I always feel the love in this forum :flipoff2:[/QUOTE]

Have you considered that people may be willing to pay more for a vehicle that they can personally inspect vs. just a few photos over the internet?

sonoranfun said:
Damn I hate being right so much... On the bright side, I always feel the love in this forum :flipoff2:

Are you sure it is love and not a rash? :flipoff2:

Ross

Well, the one thing I learned quick in business is to never under estimate how lazy or stupid people are.. So if the question is have I considered that there are people willing to pay $4,500 or an extra 50% to be able to see the car before buying it? Then yes I have considered that, after all, Sears sells windows and kitchens to people don't they...

sonoranfun said:
Well, the one thing I learned quick in business is to never under estimate how lazy or stupid people are.. So if the question is have I considered that there are people willing to pay $4,500 or an extra 50% to be able to see the car before buying it? Then yes I have considered that, after all, Sears sells windows and kitchens to people don't they...
Not sure what your response means.

I guess I am not being clear, so I will try again:

I would not pay nearly as much for a used vehicle with no warranty over the internet than for a vehicle that I could test drive, inspect, etc. If I thought I could get something for extra cheap, then use the money saved to fix any and all surprises I found when I took possesion, then I would bid. I would rather know what I am buying though, especially for a 10K purchase/gamble. Do you know if there are any surprises lurking in your ebay purchases? Did you ever get it down to Tucson or is it still going to winter over in CO? You see, when I bought my car I KNEW that the engine was good, the axiles were good, the transmission good, the cooling system was good. Did you know that when you bid on yours?

I suspect most people are very cautious when using ebay to purchase a used car. The should be and the prices reflect that. I don't think it necessarilly reflects "how lazy or stupid people are". Sellers have a bottom line, buyers have an upper line. They don't always overlap.

The prices you constantly quote are very similar to the averages from wholesale auctions. The big difference there is that at a wholesale auction, the buyer get to examine the vehicle.

Can we leave it at that Mr. uber-buisness guy :shotts: . You clearly have a much better understanding of the used vehicle/ebay/all-things-buisness/customer-psychology thing than I do.

Ross

Do you know if there are any surprises lurking in your ebay purchases? Did you ever get it down to Tucson or is it still going to winter over in CO? You see, when I bought my car I KNEW that the engine was good, the axiles were good, the transmission good, the cooling system was good. Did you know that when you bid on yours?

I don't know if you have this information or not, I don't think I'm one of the chosen few here but if you have the Cruiser taken to a Toyota dealership they do something AMAZING for $80... They will look it over and tell you any and everything wrong with it. If you tell the service guy you're buying it through eBay he will even give you his opinion of the Cruiser.. I've bought two Cruisers site unseen and been EXTREEMLY happy with them both..

I took the 80 from WI to @&@&@&@& Creek (yeah I know you guys are way above that) last Sunday and I'm about to go up there right now again. This thing is in AMAZING CONDITION!! Not a tear in the seats, AC, Lockers, Windows and everything else work perfect. The trip doesn't work so you have to keep track of miles on paper and that's the only surprise I got other then the tires and inside being in much better condition then I was told but I would hardly pay an extra $5,000 for the rig to know the trip wasn't working..

Hey I'm not trying to get into it with you, and if for you it's worth paying $12,500 for an $8,000 Cruiser that some dealer shined up real swell and wants to make $4,500 for doing it I can't tell you that you're wrong. On the flip side if I wanna pay $7,000 for the same Cruiser and don't need to be as much of a consumer and do the hands on thing I'm not wrong either...

Let us see if this post gets removed, I get the feeling I'm not overly liked in this forum :D

sonoranfun said:
I don't know...blah blah blah ... blah blah blah to make $4,500 for doing it I can't tell you that you're wrong. On the flip side if I wanna pay $7,000 for the same Cruiser and don't need to be as much of a consumer and do the hands on thing I'm not wrong either...

Let us see if this post gets removed, I get the feeling I'm not overly liked in this forum :D

It is not a matter of being liked or not. I guess I am a bit fed up with the :shotts: you have on the cost of cruisers. I noticed you finally learned to keep quiet on the for sale board. In the future so I won't be an ass, I'll just ignore anything you post on the purchasing/sale/costs of a Land Cruiser. I personally will have a hard time going to sleep tonight with you feeling like you are "not overly liked in this forum".

:cheers:
Ross

That horse doesn't look dead to me!!!! I'm honestly a bit fed up with all the BS on the board when it comes to the cost of Cruisers myself...

This isn't a chit chat on the price arena! If you want the Cruiser make an offer or buy it, don't tell us what a good deal it is and then bring up your wife, baby, lost job, new car or whatever.. If you don't wanna buy it don't post!

On the flip side, if you're a seller, ttt and bump should be followed by a $500 lower price! There isn't ONE post out there that doesn't have AT LEAST one of the above... Or face the fact they we have a flat yeild curve that's close to being inverted and your Cruiser isn't worth chit anymore! Look at the 96 I paid $10,800 for 9 months ago.. It's a $8,500 rig now, do I like it? Of course not but it's life...

I personally will have a hard time going to sleep tonight with you feeling like you are "not overly liked in this forum".

You know, none of us know the conversations others have when we aren't arount.. The talks I have with people point to club members just alienating themselves... I don't have any interest in doing that.. When I was young I was never one to conform or join a club and that hasn't changed with age... It's not that I'm anti-social, I would guess less so then 99% of people.. Point being, the comment was mainly a joke directed at myself and my outspokenness (is this a word)... Thanks though for even taking the time to respond..

sonoranfun said:
...I'm honestly a bit fed up with all the BS on the board...

Then don't let the door hit ya where god split ya on the way-out! :flipoff2: - :D

You come in here and trumpet how you have no use for clubs, but you post, troll here full time, like it's some kind of security blanket or something for you. IT"S A CLUB FORUM, I thought you are too good for clubs?

Then you insult club members here, calling them stupid, ignorant and can't figure out why they don't like you? :doh:

If you can't think of anything positive to add to this forum, please post your drivel somewhere else.

Last edited:
Well, if you would search my posts I was the first person to offer Kyle a hand with anything he needed being new to Tucson..

I've been more then happy to extend a hand to anybody seeing my posts with use of my tools, time or advice.

I've been more then willing to introduce any of you to friends I know who own repair shops, drive tow trucks or have something else to offer..

I've extended a welcome to you all on our Sunday romps for fun.

In return I've been slammed as a racist, had many of you pressure me and others into joining "the club" and when you don't agree with something I have to say about prices or whatever you all feel compelled to comment in a negitive way instead of just being nice and keeping it to yourself. This is all in addition to the comments you've made to my close friends about me in person.. Hmmm, odd I feel the way I do about this club, you all come off like total :flipoff2: to me based on the above..

I come in here due to the local people, not the clubs but maybe that's a mistake as you've all been about as friendly as swarm of bees... It's kinda sad that you guys don't get to talk to the people that won't be joining the club again next year due to this.. Oh well, no wonder none of the offroad clubs last long...

As for me, I think you're right, I'll stop looking or posting in here and just talk to the 20 friends I have with Toyotas about starting our own little club.. Odd that the 30 strangers I hung out with in chit creek today are SO MUCH MORE FRIENDLY then any of you...

Thanks to you all and best off luck!

Adam
(520) 609-thirtynine-seventynine (in the event that I miss judged one of you)

And on that note I'm closing this thread before it really gets ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom