8,000lb 100 Series Suspension Set Up: What does your truck weigh? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Weight or no weight...the shock is attached and that's the angle at full droop. Wish I cuold see the CV in there too.
The 100 series truck in the pictures on Total Choas website is mine.

The angle of the CV Joint is no more than your OME standard setup. King Shocks stuck with the standard droop to avoid problems with the shock clearance for someone using stock arms. I run diff drop anyways, but have you ever heard of anyone blowing up a 100 CV axle joint? rare if ever, those things are bomb proof.

Wow...8000-pounds. Crap!

*No doubt you are salivating for a better shock.

*You addressed the rear spring by adding an 864.

*Have you though about addressing the front spring (T-bar) or do you feel the OME bar is adequate? You could add more rate by going with a Sway-A-Way bar. Even more support with an Ironman. The Ironman's are not good for crawling as they are too stiff. They might be perfect for you though for your application.

*With all that weight have you considered reinforcing those front lower control arms to prevent possible cracking like the diesel ones have had happen due to the added weight of the diesel motor. Weight is weight and those arms might be over-stressed.
Finally got the new King Shocks and they are night and day better for my application. I need to find some dry weather and load it up to really test them out though. As for the weight issue. I need a diet, but short of that stiffer tbars would help. My problem is not the front it is the rear, so I think I solved the issue by going to 864's. At full load now it sits level with very little rear squat.

So I just checked the wheel wells on my non lifted hundy and it appears that at full lock and in flexy situations there could be potential of tire rub on the reservoir or the tube at the chosen location. How is your clearance?

Photos Here: Land Cruiser Upper Control Arms
Clearance on the shock reservior is fine. I run 33" tires. If you have 35" I do not know. On the passenger side it would be easy to mount the resorvior up on top the frame, but the driver side is a blocked by the washer fluid tank. It can be done though. If you look at how spresso did it for his Fox setup you will get some ideas. He runs 35's.

I have slight rub on Fox resv in that position with 295 tires.

Does it rub rub on the resv or the hose?

Rubs on the back corner of resv.
See no limit straps on yours, take it Kings are designed to provide limit stop. On CV's think Loud is only one to explode one.

Rubs on the back corner of resv.
See no limit straps on yours, take it Kings are designed to provide limit stop. On CV's think Loud is only one to explode one.
Yes the limit is provided by the shock.

Hey DesertRun,

Any updates on this setup you are running? You mentioned running a couple of tests...just wanted to see what your thoughts are after several months of running them.

Does anyone know what the part numbers are for the King Shocks.

I checked their latest catalog online but they only list parts for the HDJ100 - nothing for our UZJ.

We are a King Dealer and offering these shocks:
our P/N's are:
KING2.5-UZJ100F FRONT
KING2.5-UZJ100R REAR

Does anyone know what the part numbers are for the King Shocks.

I checked their latest catalog online but they only list parts for the HDJ100 - nothing for our UZJ.

Have any of you weighed you trucks in the last year or so? I have been trying to find numbers for front/rear weight of a truck similarrily set up to mine (Slee'd, Drawers, Fridge, couple hundred pounds of gear, 300-400lbs of people) cant find a place that will do both axels independently here. I know that 1LoudLX is at the following:

Front 3300
Rear 3580
Total 6880

Any CAT certified truck scale can do f&r independently. There's gotta be one in GJ, check the truck stop.

I'll have to check around the Springs for one.

Closest to GJ is fruita, closest to Colo springs is Pueblo or Denver. All of which are off 70 or 25. Some race shops could weigh your truck but will definitely cost more than 9-10$. There's also the option of weighing at a dump, using just the front tires then just the back.

1loudLX said:
Closest to GJ is fruita, closest to Colo springs is Pueblo or Denver. All of which are off 70 or 25. Some race shops could weigh your truck but will definitely cost more than 9-10$. There's also the option of weighing at a dump, using just the front tires then just the back.

Thanks for that. I didn't even know the one at our truck stop existed. $9.50 for the first weigh. $1 after that. Headed over tomorrow with the truck mostly empty except for the stuff thats always in it. I'll have to add a few pounds to make up for the missing rear glass.
I know he local port I entry frowns on people going through theirs but it was starting to get really tempting.

Last edited:
Just left the cat scale. This is my truck mostly empty with the following.

Myself at 200lbs
~100 pounds of tools etc.
Outback Solutions Drawers
LoadSpotter Slide
Slee Blueberry
Slee Front Skid
Slee Sliders
Slee Rear Bumper (sans tire and carrier)
60% of the back seat.

image-1921515576.jpg

I look forward to weighing it again next time I am headed out of town with a full load. Most likely to CM.
image-1921515576.jpg

Anyone have the stock weight numbers?

TeCKis300 said:
Anyone have the stock weight numbers?

Yes, someone with a stock truck please google "Cat Scales". They are everywhere. It would be great to get a front/rear baseline.

Loud, you have a rack, tundra 18s, more electronics than NORAD and an extra clear coat weighing you down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom