For Sale 79 HJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone ever deal on that site?
My wife has bought from them before. She is the one who told me that one of "those landcruiser thingys" was on their website. Pretty respectable. They are just an auction site. I think you would be safe but you you should call them and see if you can inspect it.

Could be a nice start for someone. Factory winch is a fairly rare option. The fact that the auction listing states the body gasket for the roof isn't installed raises red flags for me. I wonder if it is an H41 splitcase with the tcase mounted e-brake?

Major downside is it's the H diesel, not a 2H. They are very hard to find parts for in North America.

Currently at $16750. What is this worth esp. being RHD?

It's really difficult to put a value on something like this without seeing more photos and hearing it run. People are paying crazy prices for these. It's up to $22,050 now. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for $28k.

IMO, there's not enough info in the listing to assess an accurate "worth" for it. It looks like someone stated up a partial restoration or at least a decent paint job. The photos of the underside and frame don't show much of anything. It could have frame problems. (Mine did when I bought it.) That looks like the original H engine. They aren't known for being as reliable as the 2H and parts are almost unobtanium in North America. (Seriously, you even have to order the oil filters from overseas. SOR doesn't even sell them these days.) The auction doesn't state anything about the condition of the engine or trans.

There are red flags that show the "restoration" wasn't completed. The roof gasket not being installed is one indicator, and you can also see that the defroster duct was cut off and not repaired when they pulled the heater to paint the interior. I'm sure if I stared at it for longer there would be more. (Like what's the extra fuel inlet for? Aux tank?)

RHD shouldn't really be an issue in terms of value. Sure, LHD is more desirable for most people. But, IMO, LHD isn't worth the premium prices they command. Sometimes as much as 50% or 100% more than a RHD in the same condition. If you've ever spent any time driving a RHD Cruiser you'll quickly realize that LHD isn't worth the $10k or $20k extra. Sure, it's great for the sellers if people are willing to pay it.

RHD is easy to learn and shouldn't factor in. If the USPS can drive RHD then so can you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom