79' half tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever buy from Relik Garage? Specifically the half tub for the 79' and later 40s. How's the quality? Fit? The price is actually realistic for us driveway mechanics. But it is "cheap" in the land cruiser world so just wondering if it's up to par with CCOT or similar tubs. Thoughts?

Anyone ever buy from Relik Garage? Specifically the half tub for the 79' and later 40s. How's the quality? Fit? The price is actually realistic for us driveway mechanics. But it is "cheap" in the land cruiser world so just wondering if it's up to par with CCOT or similar tubs. Thoughts?
Looks like they’re out of Florida. May be getting parts from Colombia.

I've had a great experience buying other stuff from Relik. Great customer service. I do think all of their body panels are the same source as LC Heaven, CI Troa, and others - Columbia. I don't know this for sure though. However, doesn't mean bad quality, just means I think you aren't getting anything different. I do think you get what you pay for.

I would recommend checking out CI Troa. I think you get the same thing, but directly from the source. They have great service also...I purchased a floor pan and rockers from them. FWIW, I bought my half tub from Teseven. Waiting for it to get delivered later this summer. You could try them also, but they have a very long wait and a bit more money.

I picked up a windshield frame from CITROA. Delivery was fast and it was well packaged.

The quality is just ok. The steel is lighter than stock. I estimate it weighs 15-20% less than the factory part. None of the seams are sealed, but that is not a big deal for me. Fit is ok, but the finish will require work before paint. It appears as though the two halves of the frame were stamped, removed from the press, welded together and primed without any attempt at finish work. All in all, if really stuck I would purchase the part again but only at a significant discount. Otherwise, I would try to find a restorable part and put my efforts into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom