77 wiring harness help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can anyone help identify the wires circled in yellow? there are 4 wires that are clamped to a single wire. can't tell the stripe color for sure, but appears to be black and white. also, what is supposed to connect to the fusible link from the battery? also, am i correct on the wires labeled alternator?

20200306_122602.jpg

The white wires with a black tracer are grounds. I'll peek under the hood to see where mine are attached. It's a '76 but nearly identical to a '77.

Jason
Do a google search on coolerman and download a schematic that is correct for your 40. With that and the attachment that BeerM3 provided you should be able to trace all of the wiring as it should be. It looks like you are missing a larger WL (White with bLue tracer ) wire from the alternator. The WB wires are grounds and you will find them throughout the harness. The fusible link should attach to the + battery and the W wire going to the ammeter in the instrument cluster. You can also get the correct wire, size and colors from @Coolerman too. He is a MUD supporting vendor and provides a huge amount of help on the forums.

Jason
Do a google search on coolerman and download a schematic that is correct for your 40. With that and the attachment that BeerM3 provided you should be able to trace all of the wiring as it should be. It looks like you are missing a larger WL (White with bLue tracer ) wire from the alternator. The WB wires are grounds and you will find them throughout the harness. The fusible link should attach to the + battery and the W wire going to the ammeter in the instrument cluster. You can also get the correct wire, size and colors from @Coolerman too. He is a MUD supporting vendor and provides a huge amount of help on the forums.
thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom