77 driver seat rails misaligned (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took my OEM seats out to get reupholstered and now I’m trying to put them back on the brackets mounted on the floor but I can’t get the rails to align where the bolts go into the brackets.

I think the lever to pull the seat backwards/forwards may have been pulled and maybe the right (passenger) side is one additional position forward or backwards than it is supposed to be.

Does anybody have pics underneath their seats to see where their seats are on the track on each side? And does anybody have pictures of the brackets just to make sure I put them back correctly?

E7AB1421-7C6E-42D7-B41C-88927D520021.jpeg

2A0BB456-6D54-460E-A414-B2D88828599E.jpeg

is the seat crooked? not sure what normal for that model year is but if it was aligned before, probably just need to unbolt it and re-index them. sorry, maybe that's an over simplified answer

So if I understand this correctly you can get one side bracket to line up and bolt down but the other side is out of alignment. If that is the case when you pull the lever it will release both side brackets. Simply push or pull the one that is not aligned until it does and release the lever. After that simply bolt down the last bracket. You may need to loosen the floor brackets to perfect the alignment if they were pulled when the seats were removed.

Yep, I removed the brackets while the seats were out to paint them. Let me give that a try. Does the rear seat mount/riser on the right side (Circled green in the first picture) look correct? I can't remember if the overhanging piece is supposed to face forward or backwards

My '77 passenger seat is not adjustable-only the driver's.
The rails need to be exactly matched front and back to get the detents for the adjuster to work right

Attachments

• 77 toyo seats.pdf
    370 KB · Views: 40
You need to flip the rear bracket around so the flat is toward the back. Also, the locking pins will be in the same hole on both sides.

Thank you all for your suggestions. For posterity, loosening the screws on the brackets/mount/risers was key in giving me a little wiggle room to align the holes and install the screws. I hand tightened all the screws from rail to bracket and then tightened the screws from bracket to body and then finally tightened the screws from rail to bracket. Also, knowing that the locking pin goes in the same hole on both sides was good to know for my sanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom