71 FJ40 1-Tons Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanted to reach back out to all of you that responded with great information. Project is still a go, but was put on hold last year as my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in April. I spent the entire summer & fall with my parents. I lost my Pop early fall and really have done nothing all winter. Starting to think about moving forward with this deal and was hoping somebody remembers or has the specifics for narrowing that 60. I thought I remembered a good write up on it but haven't been able to find it. I know that the common number to cut the long side is 4.5", but is that after you get the "C" off or before? I just want to be damn sure I get that part right!LOL

I wanted to reach back out to all of you that responded with great information. Project is still a go, but was put on hold last year as my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in April. I spent the entire summer & fall with my parents. I lost my Pop early fall and really have done nothing all winter. Starting to think about moving forward with this deal and was hoping somebody remembers or has the specifics for narrowing that 60. I thought I remembered a good write up on it but haven't been able to find it. I know that the common number to cut the long side is 4.5", but is that after you get the "C" off or before? I just want to be damn sure I get that part right!LOL
I believe Dirt Every Day on YouTube did a video on retubing an axle. Check it out as he did a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom