700r4 questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Threads
372
Messages
1,747
Location
Scottsdale Arizona
I have an 89 gmc 2500 w350 150k miles is well taken care of,
I called transgo automatic tranny shift kit company so that I could prolong my tranny life. the guy would not sell me a shift kit cause as he said I'm on borrowed time and that tranny is going to die soon. I'm suprised that he would not sell me the item and make some cash he said its to late to save the tranny. Is 150k miles to much for a 700r4?
any info would be good
thanks
 
I've always been told that auto trannys run 100-125K miles. This applied to the GM 350/700R family according to my builder. Count yourself lucky that someone saved you some cash.
 
I disagree I bealive its just luck of draw I. In my first truck with 700r4 I threw three transmissions before 150k miles all I pulled was a pop up camper on weekend my truck now has same transmission with 200+ miles on it and I hooked it to 30 ft flat bed with tractor other day and pulled the sh** outta it but I pull it hard every weekend and it don't slip a bit never had any problems with it and it automatic only thing I learned from my first truck that im doing diff is any time u have any drag keep it in 3rd save that overdrive and 2nd band Ull throw it pretty quick if not
 
Back
Top Bottom