'70 scout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So let me back up three years... Got divorsed ( thank god!)... Met a great girl who actually enjoys my hobbies. Introduced her to 4 wheeing, a year later got her behind the wheel of my 40(only mistake lol she always wanted to drive!). So we went on the hunt to get her her own rig. After looking at 55's,60's and 80's , narrowed it down to an 80... Found a good deal on a clean '92 fj80 last feb( valentines day) so she wheeled it in calico, shaver area bald mnt, and around Hume lake and buckrock trail this year. So I started planning the up grades to the 80( typical lift , lockers & protection) she goes " god that's like 3 xs the price we bought it for..... So she wants to keep it as a daily driver , then told me what we all want to hear... "you can just find somthing else to build!" so I found a good deal on a '70 scout 800 for $250.00, lol rolling chasis full body hard top and doors, just no motor or trans.... After getting it home made a few calls scored a mid 90's tbi 350 motor complete again cheap.... After much looking and dead ends on cl... Found a turbo 350 and 205 transfer case.... Scored some front seats for $40 bucks . So far comming along nicely just waiting for spring time to really get busy with it, I'll post up some pics soon

image-880974458.jpg

Nice find..

Thanks bro...
Up date still gathering parts ... Found a 14 bolt rear axle for a $100 bucks , a club member has a Dana 44 front with heavy duty knuckles and disc brakes , ( hopefully we seal the deal on it soon) not trying to break the bank on it but parts are coming along good ... Looking for a Chevy tilt colum now and a rear seat.... I need to measure the tub , if it's close I think I'll go with a j**p flip an fold seat( used 1 in my 40 and love it) so just need to wait till these rains stop so I can begin the fun

Cool to see someone else building an IH on here. I want to get a Scout 80 to build for my boys. Looking foward to seeing the progress on your rig.

I want it to set on 35's -37's .....

Here's My Old Scout 80...

With that rockin' 152 Cubic Inch engine...

What a machine -

I sold it in ~ 2004 when I bought the Cruiser....

Never looked back, but this was a cool truck...

The guy I got it from bought it for his high school aged kids, but they didn't want to have anything to do with it (what a bunch of morons!)

Scout_Flag.JPG

Scout_2.jpg

Scout_1.jpg

Scout_Flag.JPG

Scout_2.jpg

Scout_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of my 1977 Scout II that I bought new. Really nice truck engine in it, a 345 v8 with 7 main bearings. Could never get the oil pan to stop leaking though...

Scouts were great vehicles.

Nice Scout! However, post some pix of that perfect woman!!! Loves to wheel, tells ya to buy another toy! I'm in love too! She have a sister??? Haha.

I'm cruiser to the blood, but I really like the old Scouts as well. Nice finds.... (Woman and Scout)

TFJM

Thanks threefjman.... Lol yea major upgrade from the exwife, it's her second rig, she wheels her 80, as for sisters yea she's got two , ones married the other pshyco!!! Lol

Hey blue77fj40...is that your rig in your avitar? If so ours could be twins... I've got a 77 same color( close anyway since I resprayed it...)do you have a thread on it in the 40 section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom