For Sale 69 FJ 40 w/title + 77 & 78 for parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Posting this here to give you folks 1st chance before putting it on Craigslist. I would like to sell everything together. The 1969 FJ 40 (with a title) came from Odessa Texas area (I believe this is pre emissions), so the body and frame are definitely better than what you will typically find here in the rust belt. I have not had it running since I fried the fusible link by accidentally hooking up the battery backwards quite a few years ago, but it ran good before that. It has been kept stored inside a building. There is not much rust (beyond surface) except for the driver's floor pan and rocker panel (aftermarket replacement panels can be obtained at a very reasonable price). Wiring is a mess & has been that way since I purchased the vehicle. The 78 was also running good (both of these ran and drove) but I haven't gotten it to fire up recently after it has been sitting (I am not much of a mechanic & l was either too busy to tend to it, or sometimes out of the area). I had planned to use the axles and the disc brakes from the 78 on the 69, and possibly the 2F engine as well. I think you could make a nice truck between the 69 and the 78, and keep the rest for parts or else sell the extra parts to help pay for your cost. I have never had the 77 running. There is not much good in the way of body parts (or frames) from the 77 & 78, (I do have some doors, the fiberglass part of the tops, some window glass & a roll bar...), but the engines and drive trains are all there. These are all inside a building in Mercer county (western) PA. $12,000 takes all, and you can come trailer it out. If interested you can text (724) 456-7507 (I am not answering calls, only texts). Thank you

Pics?
Thx

20210428_143810.jpg

20210428_143832_HDR.jpg

20210428_143936.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom