68 FJ40 Built! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Over $24000 invested. Must sell..too many cars. I am asking $12,500 on craigslist, but I REALLY need to sell....so make a fair offer and it's yours. I also have a '72 Bronco that's 95% complete (needs the parking brake cable hooked up,windshield wipers, and a few odds and ends. Also asking $12,500)***now asking $10,500***

68 fj40 with 64 hardtop and 74 hard doors

350 V8 new crate about 10 years ago, a lot of mods including
-Edelbrock carb,
-Heat wrapped shorty headers,
-MSD HEI distributor
-Newer alternator.
-New radiator with Taurus two speed fan.
-Saginaw power steering
- fj60 powerbooster
- Aluminized exhaust with magnaflow muffler

4spd manual trans w/ granny low (Muncie 465), 3spd style FJ t-case modded for 2 low, tcase saver and new oem hi/low shift collar and fork. Woody's plate adapter.

Double cardan driveshaft

4.56 gears

Warn full float kit with disc brakes and Aussie locker and Dana 60 hubs

Fj60 outers on front

Lockright for front (in the box, needs chromoly birfs then put the locker in at the same time)

Marlin Hi steer setup with Ricebilt rods and fj80 tre's

Stretched about 7" for more stability driving on the highway (reversed springs for longer wheelbase)

Spring over and shackle reversal

Ford shock towers

Rancho 9,000 shocks

6pt cage

Allied beadlocks - 15x10 6 lug, 3.5"bs, black steel, 8 hole, normal rash

Beard suspension seats like new with 4" lap belts

Firebird tilt steering column

Tuffy security boxes (overhead CB, Driver and Passenger side storage/speaker boxes)

Sony Radio

CB

LED taillights

OEM floormats

Fiberglass stamped bezel

Rear receiver and trailer plug

All switches on dash work and do what they are supposed to

Hard top, Hard doors, and bikini, included! Extra Kayline two piece soft doors, extra non trimmed paint mated fenders included!

She will do 80 down the highway no problem.

Serviced with OEM parts whenever possible. . .

All records of purchase and build were meticulously maintained/documented, including pictures.

Disclosures:
***Was painted last year, but was a quick/easy/bad paint job. The exterior red paint is fading. The interior bed liner seems to be holding up well***
***There are 2 quarter sized rust patches on the outside body, these are surface rust only. There is one larger rust hole on the drivers side rear fender where the original roll bar mounted about 3" in diameter***
***Not sure that mileage is correct. This is my best estimate based on the odometer***

Please feel free to email with any and all questions about the truck and it's condition. As stated above, she's not a beauty queen, but she is solid. There is bodywork to be done (patching the hole mentioned, and getting rid of the 2 quarter sized rust spots, as well as some previous poor bondo work on the hood) This is not a show car.

Mechanically this truck is in excellent shape. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly between 10AM and 11PM MST at 3O3-25O-7316

more pictures here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-jf2xTg6DjFOVY2d2tPWHBndEk&usp=sharing

IMG_20130927_143618_389.jpg

IMG_20130927_143656_724.jpg

Last edited:
Not to hijack but that's a sweet nsx behind your 40. That for sale too?

Sorry, no :) I am considering selling my 2011 Mitsubishi Evo MR touring though. Decent bit of engine work, every option available...

Got a buddy looking for a bronco.
Can you email me photos and details to b.sulli@ gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom