67 fj40 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering OME 2.5 inch lift with anti-inversion shackles. Wondering if anyone has installed one and how they like them, performance, ride, installation tips , etc.....Started out as clutch repair, turned into frame off build!
Picture 033.jpg
Picture 029.jpg
Marks fj40 002.jpg

Howdy! That will keep you busy for a while. Isn't it amazing how one :banana:little project can turn into a major :banana::banana::banana::banana:one sooooo easy. I'm no help :doh:on the suspension questions, but I just had to ask if your going to put that New Holland drive line in your FJ40 for some really low crawler gears. :hmm: John:beer:

OME

SOA??

You can just take yours apart and grind off all the rust, paint them and rebuild.

I have OME springs(Dakar or whatever) and they are made very well. The spring eyelets are a lot bigger, tougher than stock and many other aftermarket spring packs, with a secondary military wrap leaf. Compare the pack retainers that are open and allow the pack to stretch open instead of being compress together whether articulating or not. OME installs slip disks between the leafs to help with friction and premature squeaking. Toyota began doing this sometime back in the day, my dads mini truck has them from the factory.

Little things like that made me choose OME over other brands. The quality goes further in my opinion. The CCOT look like a good quality product aswell.

but if you want to see a joke spring pack... go look at jeep spring on the old CJs.. looks like popsicle sticks.

Its funny to think that fj40s were jeep competition.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom