'62 soft top FJ40 in VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking more of painting it cygus then mask it off and cut out the letters with an exacto and spray the red letters. I think it would look cleaner than a brush. I thought about doing the reverse, paint the red then mask and cut out the letters and they spray white but think it'll be harder on the letters... I dunno though.. i'm not a painter (well at least not automotive)

I was on the phone with a friend that told me to poweder coat it :rolleyes: I told him to take the hood off his 911 and powercoat it.. He then said he'd seen a whole 911 powdercoated and it looked pretty good. LOL

Last edited:
wesintl said:
I know you 25 guys don't like bezels but does anyone have some tips on painting the bezel and getting the red into the letters really nice. :cheers:

Trash to treasure! ;)

I'd try a sign shop or pinstriper (around here it's the guys who letter the names on boats) they'll knock it out in about ten minutes freehand and it will be perfect.

I think the idea with the powder coat is you could fill in the bottom of the letters with the contrasting color then bake it, kinda like those old enamel signs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom