'62 soft top FJ40 in VA (1 Viewer)

Complete with bows. I'm not sure its worth 2K, but maybe to someone it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4606866889&fromMakeTrack=true#ebayphotohosting

10_1_b.JPG

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Year: 1962
VIN Number: 1FJ4012823
Exterior: Green

Nice shade of green on that 1961............I'd bid at 1/3 the price. Too bad they replaced the motor, the F135 wouldn't be tired. ;)

I remember that one being for sale a while back.. I guess I should start saving pics.. It was for sale down in warrenton, remington or culpepper somewhere. Not too far from where I grew up.

I thought about it last time simply for the bezel and tailgate. I guess the caps too. To me the bows weren't worth anything since they only fit the early canvas doors. Not the later doors. But i'm only into select early things ;)

I saw this this AM and was gunna post a link. I thought it was a little rough for $2K

Is it a fj40 or a fj25? I am still learning all this stuff.

89s rule said:
I saw this this AM and was gunna post a link. I thought it was a little rough for $2K

It's an early 40, square rear wheel-wells.

Dang! I need those bows.

89s rule said:
In additon to the round wheel wells, the spare tire mount on a 25 soft-top is on the right rear side and the three horizontal chrome strips across the bib.

Not to mention the most significant difference of all . . . . .
NoBezel3.jpg

Last edited:
LandCruiserSteve said:
I had forgotten that the early 40 soft-tops had the rounded door openings. What year did the OEM soft-top FJ40s go to the square door openings?? :confused:

I think in '64. My '63 soft top has the curved door openings.

So who in Virginia wants to buy this and sell me the bows and bezel?

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
do you guys think that's the original bezel or could it be a reproduction?! looks pretty clean compared to the rest of the rig.....

pardion

SILVER Star
orangefj45 said:
do you guys think that's the original bezel or could it be a reproduction?! looks pretty clean compared to the rest of the rig.....
He could have won a fiberglass repo in a raffle. John P. ( those hubcaps look real )

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
pardion said:
He could have won a fiberglass repo in a raffle. John P. ( those hubcaps look real )

he would'nt be the only one! i have one courtsey of john P as a raffle prize!:grinpimp:

orangefj45 said:

I would suspect it's original. The rest of the body looks pretty decent. I picked up a bezel from a truck that was much more of a basket case and the bezel didn't have any rust excpet of some slight surface rust on the back side.

I bead blasted it and primered... I'm now trying to decide weather to paint it myself or pay someone to deal with making it look perfect. I can certainly paint it but I want the red in LAND CRUISER to perfect.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=5247&postcount=21

I know you 25 guys don't like bezels but does anyone have some tips on painting the bezel and getting the red into the letters really nice. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom